Close

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Engineer-in-Training TopJimmyCooks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jasay View Post
    Thanks for doing not only the design work but going a step beyond most others and having such great instructions and being willing to maintain them. That's pretty awesome.
    +1
    Thanks, you're an asset to this hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by TopJimmyCooks View Post
    +1
    Thanks, you're an asset to this hobby.
    Thanks for doing not only the design work but going a step beyond most others and having such great instructions and being willing to maintain them. That's pretty awesome.
    You're welcome.

Thats a good idea, im going to try that out tonight and load up the firmware too. I want to bend those wires the least possible times to avoid any further breakage...
    Quote Originally Posted by clough42 View Post
    Okay, the instructions are updated. On mine, I can also get a ball-end allen wrench into the screw head, but it's a little awkward, since the head won't back out, so you have to lift the extruder block while unscrewing.

On mine, I routed the heater and thermistor wires to the rear and brought them out through the cutouts in the corners of the shelf brackets. That gets the wires clear of the servo probe.

Got all the wire routing sorted out! Easiest way was to assembly everything without both sides of the carriage shelf...then mount them both last...this allows you to place the wires where to cut out would end up. The only thing missing in these pics is the Insulation Strip which i'll put on last..

20150408_220316.jpg20150408_220449.jpg20150408_220415.jpg

Alright. I think that's what my long spiel was getting at but much clearer and more succinct. Thanks.

BTW, are any of the parts (idlers & pulleys probably, carriage sides & servo arm [hexagon] maybe) shared with IBDE?
    Yes. The large pulleys and the spacers are the same. If you're using hexagon hot ends, the servo probe arm and the print cooling fan shroud are also the same. And of course the hardware is all the same. Depending on how much you cut up the insulator, you might be able to use it. If not, I have spares available.

Technician
    Yeah. Got all assembled and found out the hard way that the carriage sides were different, doh (too stupid/lazy to just look at the stls). Managed to print the sides with the carriage just cantilevered out there. Will have to redo calibration now that the shelf is properly supported, but so far so good. Thanks again. Will get some better pictures once I get around to sleeving the wires.
    IMG_20150411_133801-M.jpg

Edit: will probably also look at your start code for some wipe hints after the long ABL process.

clough42, THANK YOU!
    I got the extruder finished up yesterday and calibrated using you STL's and calibration calculator, those 2 items made setting up the offsets extremely simple.
    I am now printing my first successful 1.75mm
    ninjaflex test print. I'd almost given up on being able to use the spool of material until this update.
    Thanks Again.

Technician
    Everything was going well (still need to dial in retraction) but the extruder started skipping about 1.25 hours into the print. The Nema 14 was too hot to hold for more than a few seconds. Pretty sure it's not filament, calibration, etc. Think I will take your Nema 17 shroud to work tomorrow where I have soldiworks to see if I can make it fit the Nema 14. I'm also planning on printing out a RAMPs fan holder in case the driver is also too hot.

Poor owl head.DSC_6349-M.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by OldSourKraut View Post
    clough42, THANK YOU!
    I got the extruder finished up yesterday and calibrated using you STL's and calibration calculator, those 2 items made setting up the offsets extremely simple.
    I am now printing my first successful 1.75mm
    ninjaflex test print. I'd almost given up on being able to use the spool of material until this update.
    Thanks Again.
    Awesome. I'm glad it's working for you.

Everything was going well (still need to dial in retraction) but the extruder started skipping about 1.25 hours into the print. The Nema 14 was too hot to hold for more than a few seconds. Pretty sure it's not filament, calibration, etc. Think I will take your Nema 17 shroud to work tomorrow where I have soldiworks to see if I can make it fit the Nema 14. I'm also planning on printing out a RAMPs fan holder in case the driver is also too hot.

Poor owl head.DSC_6349-M.jpg
    Wow. Mine barely get warm. It sounds like your current setting may be too high. The Pololu 1209 motors are rated for 1A, but I would recommend something like .8A to start.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast