Hi all,

I'm going to receive a pretty large pay soon so I think I'll make myself a present that will make more presents

I looked at the reviews, some printers look nice, others are expensive. I do like repraps because they seem easy to update and upgrade. I'm about to commit on the Prusa i3 with an optional 3 extruders head kit, although I would have preferred a mixing extruder instead. I don't mind building a kit, however I'm not fond of soldering.

I just have a few questions:
If I want to make the build/print area bigger, can I just put larger posts on each side and adjust the firmware accordingly?
Is upgrading the extruders just a matter of taking off the old one and putting a new one, or is there some reprogramming to do?
As I understand it, future materials might need hotter parts, so that would also be possible with a easily updateable setup, right?
How is the fumes/noise bothering level? Is pvc printing hot enough to set off smoke alarms? Do you do your printing in a basement or in a shed? I'm not lucky enough to own a garage, yet :P

Thanks!
philwire