Close

Thread: Nozzle height?

Technician

Nozzle height?

I'm new to all of this, so please forgive the newbie questions. As I gain knowledge, you can trust I'll share the wealth.
    I just got my 10" iV3 together and am looking to print a test file. The thing is, I can't find any into that tells me how high off the glass the nozzle should be. I eye-balled it and it's right about 0.3 mm (feeler gauges). Is that good? I'll print it when my wife gets home with the glue stick, but I don't know what to look for in the first layer to tell if the height is good.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBoost View Post
    I'm new to all of this, so please forgive the newbie questions. As I gain knowledge, you can trust I'll share the wealth.
    I just got my 10" iV3 together and am looking to print a test file. The thing is, I can't find any into that tells me how high off the glass the nozzle should be. I eye-balled it and it's right about 0.3 mm (feeler gauges). Is that good? I'll print it when my wife gets home with the glue stick, but I don't know what to look for in the first layer to tell if the height is good.
    The traditional method is sticking a piece of paper between the nozzle and bed and it should be tight. You should however still be able to move the paper around.

Engineer
    paper is a good measurement. i tend to start with .1mm using feeler guages

Technician
    Thanks! I'll do that.

Add gmay3 on Thingiverse
    Hey DrBoost, I would say leave a gap that is about 60-80 percent of the layer thickness you're going to be printing at. For example when printing at .2mm I use a .127mm feeler gauge.

Hope this helps!

Technician
    It does gmay3. Thanks.