I am almost finished building my 10" i3v. I'm ready to wire the power cord up Sunday but I have a question. I didn't know I had to order the power cord when I ordered the printer. First let me say that is one of the dumbest things I've heard of. Why doesn't it come with one? You don't have to answer that, it doesn't really matter, what's done is done.
Anyway, I went to Home Depot to buy a power cord and the only one they had was pretty light duty so I asked the dude in the orange apron. I told him I needed to wire it up for a 12V, 30A power supply. He tried to sell me cable that was almost as thick as my arm (exaggerate much?) that was $4/ft, plus a $20 plug. Then he said I needed a $25 female wall plug, and needed to run new romex from the new outlet to a new 30A breaker in the panel. Ok, I don't think many (any) of you have spent $300 to wire up your printer. I bought a heavy-duty, 14 ga extension cord that I plan on cutting and using for my power cord. I think this is what I bought http://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-6-ft-...-711/100672773

I don't have to upgrade my electrical system to run a printer, do I?