Close

FlashForge Creator Pro "Return" Arrival!

After a looong wait thanks to the USPS (16 days), my FFCP finally arrived on my doorstep.

This was a 'return' that I bought sight unseen, not knowing what would be wrong with it.

After unboxing, this is what I discovered. Looks like I have some cleaning up to do!!

Almost looks like a bad clog and judging by the torn Kapton tape on the bed, I say someone was a bit frustrated with their "plug and play" (insert sarcasm) printer.

Hopefully, this is all that is wrong. If so, I will be a happy camper.

So what should I tackle first? Dismantle the print head? Heat it up and try to burn it off?

Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    heat nozzle. Wipe clean with cloth (I use kitchen roll) - mind your fingers :-)
    replace kapton with pet tape. try the extruders - could be clogged. But most probably head drag tore the tape and just some crap round the nozzle.

I'd say you got a bargain there :-)

Technician
    You might want to exercise it a bit to see if everything working without heat.
    Go to utilities and try jogging each axis make sure they stop when they hit end of travel switches. Then try home axis. Head should end up back right corner , bed very high.
    Then go to level plate try that. If all these work you are home free. Worse comes to worse if clogged buy new nozzles.
    Best of luck