Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Engineer

Whats better then ABS

Ok so im almost done my Roll of Black ABS Filament.
    im tired of the Shrinking, Warping but i light the strength and high melt point

what other filament out there is better then ABS, good for high temp and strength, but wont warp or shrink

PETG or PET+

Engineer
    PETG vs Nylon vs Polycarb

what are you experiences.. which should i avoid and which should i try

Student
    I have ordered a spool of the Intservo PETG and am looking forward to trying it out. Hopefully it is everything I have read about it so far.

nylon shrinks as bad or worse than ABS, but ios more durable to wear than pretty much all the others

Engineer
    polycarb warps as bad or worse than even nylon. its pointless to even bother with it really. esun has some low warp polycarb in beta now but its a ways off still. as sniffle said, nylon not only warps bad, its also very difficult to get it to stick down. its also very flexible. petg is more flexible and impact resistant than abs. very low warp like pla. higher temp resistance than pla but a hair under abs. layer bonding with petg is better than all except maybe nylon which is equal. i printed abs everyday for 2 years and now i dont print it at all. all my printing is done in petg.

walker, you should really like the esun stuff. it is really good and doesnt kill your wallet. i have printed probably a doz kg of it by now. as with any new plastic you will need to get used to it and tune your settings for it. prints great though once your all set up and have it figured out.

Engineer
    does petG warp?

Engineer
    You have to define what is better for you, it seems that you just want to print right off the bat without hassle.
    In that case, PLA.

Engineer
    well sure.. that would be great.. but i realize thats not the case..
    I hate the curling i get with ABS.

So i want something that doesn't curl as much, is food safe, strong, heat resistant, sticks to PEI

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast