Close

i3v 10", x-axis belt rubbing against wood w/ bearing, squeaking a lot

This has always happened with my machine when I tighten the x-axis belt. The belt ends up being pulled into the wood on the bearing side, and squeaks horrendously. print quality doesn't appear to be affected by this, or by slightly loosening the belt so that it no longer squeaks. I was wondering if anyone else has run into this issue, and if anyone has found a way to better center the belt within the extrusions. perhaps longer threaded bolts on the x-carriage?

i've included a photo.

beautiful! I was wondering if there was something like that. thank you

There's this guy too http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:359773 . I like that it's ridged for better grip by the belt.

Quick edit: You'll also want to make sure the pulley on your stepper is spaced out so that the belt is aligned properly with that idler pulley.
    Last edited by mattanonymous; 03-23-2015 at 08:22 AM. Reason: added info

Yes, that is the one i was referring too.. . That's the exact one I use on my printer.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattanonymous View Post
    There's this guy too http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:359773 . I like that it's ridged for better grip by the belt.

Quick edit: You'll also want to make sure the pulley on your stepper is spaced out so that the belt is aligned properly with that idler pulley.

Engineer-in-Training TopJimmyCooks's Avatar
    I'd adjust the GT2 belt pulley closer to the body of the motor to get the belt centered before taking it apart to put that part on the idler bearings.