Close

Extruder No longer heats up

Good evening... So i started a print, went to bed. Woke up it was half done. but the layers split and it quit midway through. Just thinking it failed, didnt think anything of it.
    Tonight i go to print something and it wont heat up the extruder. I set it to go, and nothing.
    THe bed heats up just fine, but extruder. Nada.
    Its a hex from makerfarm prusa kit.
    The thermistor is still in the head. all the wiring looks good. Is there anything easy to check? a fuse? or something?
    the HE1 light comes on on the rumba board as well.

THanks
    Last edited by dunginhawk; 04-12-2015 at 07:41 PM.

Technician
    Just for clarity. With the extruder heater off does the LCD show extruder at room temp (say 25/0º)? If you give a M104/M109 Sxxx command do you get a received response back from the RUMBA board and does the LCD show something like 25/xxxº? Do you get 12V at the heater connection?

The yellow squares on the board are fuses. I assume the smaller one (5A) is for the extruders and bigger (11A) is for the bed. Not really sure how to tell if they've blown, but they are resettable so I thought they were supposed to trip and go back to normal operation after the current drops.

Given any thought to moving the heater to E1 and changing the pins in the pin.h to see if that helps? Not sure if worth the time since it doesn't rule out much.

tested 12v at the board, and 12v at the quick connect near the extruder... colin is sending me a near heated assembly thing.
    yes the temp reads room temp, so yeah the thermistor is working too.
    not super thrilled about waiting for parts to arrive, but oh well.