Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sniffle View Post
    in the last couple weeks most of roxy's enhancements have been merged into the main marlin branch, and shes managed to fix some of the bugs :-) update firmware and see how it goes
    The one thing that is 'under discussion' is whether there can be a #define to say where the origin is on your build plate for the Topographical Map. Some of the powers to be think people can rotate things in their head instead of 'cluttering up' the Configuration.h file with an extra #define. But so be it! At least we won't have to maintain separate code bases going forward! Thanks for your help on this Sniffle!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    The one thing that is 'under discussion' is whether there can be a #define to say where the origin is on your build plate for the Topographical Map. Some of the powers to be think people can rotate things in their head instead of 'cluttering up' the Configuration.h file with an extra #define. But so be it! At least we won't have to maintain separate code bases going forward! Thanks for your help on this Sniffle!!!!!!

your welcome :-) and they merged it :-) now i need to figure out which origin to use because Z safe homing sets the home point to the center

The home point does not affect where the origin is. If you tell PronterFace to home X & Y, that is your origin corner (assuming you home towards minimum).

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by sniffle View Post
    in the last couple weeks most of roxy's enhancements have been merged into the main marlin branch, and shes managed to fix some of the bugs :-) update firmware and see how it goes
    I have updated, i notice some different behaviours, When it homes Z, it still kicks back the Z probe before it lifts up, can this be fixed?

Engineer
    Ok during ABL it still seems to retract the servo probe before it runs the Z prob ending script for some reason.

Technologist
    made this idea a little bit less work
    this is ruff just made it over the last 20mins or so
    https://youtu.be/8XnLLZ3DyZE
    When it's done i will build it test it then post it

note
    i have Marlin latest dev built setup and ready to go for the i3v 12" on the RAMBO board i update it daily !.
    pm any time

Engineer
    Thats sweet, what do you design in?

Technologist
    solidworks 2014

Engineer
    I thought that was prob it, I have been trying to learn Fusion 360 and its simple and complicated.. im most comfortable and quick in Cinema 4D but its difficult to be accurate with C4D.
    Would you be able to send me a STL file that I can mess around with. or some other format?

Engineer-in-Training TopJimmyCooks's Avatar
    a critical point for any of these linear probe movers is that they have to have a solid repeatable stop at the bottom. relying just on gear positioning or a servo arm to hold the probe in the right place will not be accurate.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast