Close

Weird holes in print

My recent cookie cutter prints have started to have these weird globby holes in them, and I'm not sure what to tweak to make it better. I've tried a few things(temp, layer height, etc) but it seems odd that it would start having these issues after having printed the file multiple times without issue...and it's frustrating to test because the issue doesn't happen until about 40 minutes into the print. (Currently testing another cutter to see if I get the same issue on a different print) I'm betting this is something basic and common, so I thought I'd post here in addition to googling. Anybody see this before?

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by GamerDarling; 03-14-2015 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Formatting

I'm currently leaning toward a feed calibration issue, or an issue with humidity and the filament. Does that seem right to anyone else?

Student
    Might be a hiccup in the file or software, had the same problems here & there..
    Try different software or running another virgin copy of the .stl
    Perhaps try a small/simple file and see if it glitches at the same level every time (Z axis issue?)

It doesn't seem to occur at exactly the same level, but it happens at similar places on most files, that is, where the print becomes significantly thinner...and these are all files that it has printed without issue in the past.

That's part of why I'm wondering about the over extrusion, as it seems like an issue arising when the file didn't change would probably be related to a calibration issue or something similar. I haven't been able to get other software to print the tops of the cutters well due to similar problems, but on the top layer only.

It's a clog. =/ I started manually extruding to try to measure the extrusion and calibrate the nozzles and it's being inconsistent curling.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerDarling View Post
    It's a clog. =/ I started manually extruding to try to measure the extrusion and calibrate the nozzles and it's being inconsistent curling.
    Attached Images Attached Images