Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile What is the fist thing I should do to my Flashforge Creater Pro

Hi all,

Just about to order my 2015 model FFCP just wondering if there is anything I should do before I start printing e.g. check certain connections, tighten this,replace that etc.

Cheers,
    Richard.

Before turning on the printer, I would manually move the extruder heads along the x-axis and y-axis to make sure they hit the end stop switches. Mine arrived with the y-axis end stop switch knocked out of place. When I first started a print, the extruder heads went to home for the y-axis end switch but weren't able to hit it. It was an easy fix, but I would make sure the end stops are activated when you move the extruder along each axis. I'd try this for the z-axis, as well.

Although there are warnings all over the place in the manual, be sure to switch the power supply to whichever voltage you normally use in your house. It comes set to ~240V, so I had to switch mine to ~120V. The switch is pretty difficult to move, based on where it's located.

Get another slicer , other than rep g , i use simply 3d .. very easy. Buy or download the fan kit for the extruder.Build the filament alignment device for the rear so u can control the intake of the plastic where it goes in the black tubes. Print out handle covers.Build a hinge latch to keep the front door closed for abs..There are tons of up grades, in the forums and on thingyuniverse., Good Luck.

Cheers for the replys

Student
    Glass bed?

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Tighten all the screws and put foam padding in between all the fan housings inside - my printer was so noisy I was hearing it in my sleep when it wasn't even on...

The pro is probably better than my wooden one, but if you find its really noisy when even idling, its the fan inside underneath thats making the noise.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    print ducting to cool the print area :-)

Actually the first thing is to put it together and print something.

Make sure you've leveled the bed! I wrecked mine the first night because I didn't have additional kapton tape and since my bed wasn't leveled my nozzle ground into it and ripped it. I couldn't print until two days after I got it thanks to that! It was sooo frustrating.

Cheers everyone Shouldn't be to long away

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by mystq View Post
    Hi all,

Just about to order my 2015 model FFCP just wondering if there is anything I should do before I start printing e.g. check certain connections, tighten this,replace that etc.

Cheers,
    Richard.
    So, what is different about the 2015 model to the 2014? (which I have)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast