Close

Z axis, extrusion etc.

Good afternoon.

I just finished my kit yesterday and I have a few issues id like to see how folks have resolved.

1. Extrusion ahead of a print - without plugging in a PC and raising the Z axis, then extruding via simplify, or another program.... When im first adding filament, changing, or starting a new print, What do you guys do to get the flow going?

2. I guess this goes along with number one, as it related to the z axis... just wondering if you guys put in custom gcode to raise it to 50mm or whatever before and after a print, as its return position?

Im just having a hard time right now getting filament loaded etc because I have no control over the Z axis without it close to a PC.

thanks

Engineer-in-Training
    You can manually move all Axis using the LCD.

Quote Originally Posted by dunginhawk View Post
    Good afternoon.

I just finished my kit yesterday and I have a few issues id like to see how folks have resolved.

1. Extrusion ahead of a print - without plugging in a PC and raising the Z axis, then extruding via simplify, or another program.... When im first adding filament, changing, or starting a new print, What do you guys do to get the flow going?

2. I guess this goes along with number one, as it related to the z axis... just wondering if you guys put in custom gcode to raise it to 50mm or whatever before and after a print, as its return position?

Im just having a hard time right now getting filament loaded etc because I have no control over the Z axis without it close to a PC.

thanks

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Z axis is (only) allowed for the 0.1mm and 1mm step size on the LCD.
    Last edited by printbus; 03-21-2015 at 05:01 PM.

Agh that's why I didn't see it. Is extrusion in the rumba menu too somewhere. ?

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by dunginhawk View Post
    Agh that's why I didn't see it. Is extrusion in the rumba menu too somewhere. ?
    The same LCD menu structure applies to all the (RAMPS, RAMBO, RUMBA) electronics boards. Manually extruding via the LCD is on the same move axis menu - just scroll down to see the Extruder option. Like the Z axis, extruder moves are only allowed for the 0.1mm and 1mm step size menu options. Also note that firmware will prevent you from moving the extruder motor unless the hot end is above a minimum temperature.