Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Engineer-in-Training
    Thanks for the complements guys, I really appreciate it!

The printer is starting to print really well right now, I've probably printed about 20-30 hours total on it so far, and so far, the quality and reliability has been quite well. In the time between prints, I've been working on the guide, which has progressed quite well, along with printing the parts for the final revision. The colour scheme of the final revision is the customers choice, although its a bit bright for my liking haha!

The final revision has a number of small tweaks to the design, small improvements to the rigidity, and some new additions such as a much improved spool holder, as well as an enlarged build volume of 8" x 6" x 6".

I'm hoping that the guide will be mostly complete this week. It sits currently at just under 100 pages, but will probably surpass that after I add in wiring diagrams and other small details. As always, all of the design files, guides, and other info will be open source and freely available!

Cheers

Ryan
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MiniMadRyan; 04-10-2015 at 10:15 PM.

Engineer-in-Training

It's been quite a while since my last updated, but I wanted to save the best for last. I'm very pleased to announce that the source files for the mapleMaker Mini V2 printer have been released. For all of those interested, you can download the files from YouMagine at the link below, as well as through the new website launched this week as well: www.maplemakermedia.com

https://www.youmagine.com/designs/ma...-v2-3d-printer

In other news, I'm very happy to announce, I've launched a website for the printer, its build guide and all other information. Check out www.maplemakermedia.com for the latest build guides, downloads, tutorials and soon, printed parts kits!

Speaking of build guides, the finished build guide has just gone to the printers. It clocks in at 140 pages, and features over 150 illustrations, bill of materials, reseller information and all the info you could need to put together the printer yourself! I'm also in the process of transferring the build guide to a web and mobile friendly version as well. Expect that in the next week or so, and check out the website to see how the progress goes!

Lastly, I'm pleased to showcase the latest printed parts kit, I've taken to individually bagging and labelling all major components, and tagging them with their content and corresponding reference to the build guide, a small detail, but well worth the effort I think! Hopefully there will be many more kits to come soon!

I hope you guys like it, and let me know what you think! This has been an amazing project to work on, and I'm ecstatic to see how its turned out. I hope you'll agree!

Cheers

Ryan

Speechless..... Looks amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniMadRyan View Post
    It's been quite a while since my last updated, but I wanted to save the best for last. I'm very pleased to announce that the source files for the mapleMaker Mini V2 printer have been released. For all of those interested, you can download the files from YouMagine at the link below, as well as through the new website launched this week as well: www.maplemakermedia.com

https://www.youmagine.com/designs/ma...-v2-3d-printer

In other news, I'm very happy to announce, I've launched a website for the printer, its build guide and all other information. Check out www.maplemakermedia.com for the latest build guides, downloads, tutorials and soon, printed parts kits!

Speaking of build guides, the finished build guide has just gone to the printers. It clocks in at 140 pages, and features over 150 illustrations, bill of materials, reseller information and all the info you could need to put together the printer yourself! I'm also in the process of transferring the build guide to a web and mobile friendly version as well. Expect that in the next week or so, and check out the website to see how the progress goes!

Lastly, I'm pleased to showcase the latest printed parts kit, I've taken to individually bagging and labelling all major components, and tagging them with their content and corresponding reference to the build guide, a small detail, but well worth the effort I think! Hopefully there will be many more kits to come soon!

I hope you guys like it, and let me know what you think! This has been an amazing project to work on, and I'm ecstatic to see how its turned out. I hope you'll agree!

Cheers

Ryan

Engineer-in-Training
    Thanks Voodoo!

A small update, the website is progressing well, as are several other printed kits. The printed build guides have arrived too! They look awesome! These guides will be included with the printed parts kits and full kits as well.

On the topic of kits, this whole project so far is a hobby for myself, something to keep me busy in between all my other hobbies. That being said, I've committed to delivering a small number of printed kits, and complete kits. I will also periodically be taking orders for more kits and parts. The reason for the limited release is that I'm trying to work within the confines of my own abilities and know roughly how much I can produce in a given time period. I'm not expecting to sell a thousand of these, nor could I produce that many kits in a timely fashion, I'm simply trying to produce this project to the best of my abilities.

The first round of Beta kits will be available for order at the end of May. I'm currently looking to produce 10 kits for delivery around the end of July. Anyone interested can message me here, direct message, or via the website www.maplemakermedia.com

One last little update. I've taken to re-designing the extruder slightly. The first iteration worked well, but was a bit of a challenge to source a spring of ample length and strength. The revised extruder is a sort-of mix-up between a direct drive extruder, and a Wade's geared idler design. It's much simpler in terms of hardware and assembly, and I hope it will work just as well. Testing on this new design will be done this week!

Cheers

Ryan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123