Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Amazing!3D printed puzzle!

I download stl files of puzzle of China and use my Geeetech 3D printer to print them. Here are the pictures. I could have printed a lager one, but I wanted to look how accurate the printer is first. Looks great! for me, it's accurate enough for a printer costs $299. Next time I will print a colorful and bigger one! It will be cool if I hang it on the wall. What's your opinion?

If you want to print one, here is the download link:
    http://www.geeetech.com/wiki/index.p..._china_map.zip
    Attached Images Attached Images

Guy, I guess you must be a Chinese.
    You say you can print a bigger one, can you tell me how large can your printer print a model?

Quote Originally Posted by constantine View Post
    Guy, I guess you must be a Chinese. You say you can print a bigger one, can you tell me how large can your printer print a model?
    Bingo!Its printing volume is 200x200x180mm.

Quote Originally Posted by wenganxiang View Post
    Bingo!Its printing volume is 200x200x180mm.
    Is it hard to assemble? Is there anything wrong when you are using ?

Actually, it's not so hard to assemble. The building instruction says it will take about 3days, excluding wiring. But I spent only a few hours. The most time-consuming is to debug it.
    So far , I haven't met something about the printer that worth complaining. But I have to spend some time to set the printer in Repetier. If something's wrong, that is my wrong setting. Everything of the printer works well.

Senior Engineer
    If you are thinking of buying off Geeetech then use the search bar ^^^ up there and Google before you decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    If you are thinking of buying off Geeetech then use the search bar ^^^ up there and Google before you decide.
    buying off, me??

Is Geeetech's printer not good?

Senior Engineer
    I don't know but a lot of people (me included) have had problems when things do not go well.

I bought an Azteeg from them, probably about a year ago and it did not work. I had to jump through hoops to get a replacement and it took about 5 weeks to sort out. They have a forum on their website where you have to post your problem and the people that answer (if they bother to answer) do not seem to be able to read English.

In my case the PCB was faulty. I discovered that because the replacement had exactly the same fault and I obviously was not going to get anywhere asking for another. Once I found the faulty I ended up with two working boards but including my time they were expensive. I told them exactly what the fault was but never heard anything.

A few months later I was trying to get a fast PWM out of pin 4 of the device and again had to contact them because though I could make pin 4 give me fast PWM I could not find the connector for it. After much questions they admitted that they had not implemented that part of the schematic. I found that pretty dumb as they sell it as an Azteeg when it does not follow the schematic on the net for the Azteeg.

Since all this there are periodic requests for help along the same lines so maybe their printer is good, maybe it's crap but if they cut corners by missing bits off circuits and they have crap technical support then I would not be risking that sort of money for an experiment, your choice.

Perhaps someone can post with other information about their experiences.

Forewarned is forearmed as they say.

I don't know but a lot of people (me included) have had problems when things do not go well.

I bought an Azteeg from them, probably about a year ago and it did not work. I had to jump through hoops to get a replacement and it took about 5 weeks to sort out. They have a forum on their website where you have to post your problem and the people that answer (if they bother to answer) do not seem to be able to read English.

In my case the PCB was faulty. I discovered that because the replacement had exactly the same fault and I obviously was not going to get anywhere asking for another. Once I found the faulty I ended up with two working boards but including my time they were expensive. I told them exactly what the fault was but never heard anything.

A few months later I was trying to get a fast PWM out of pin 4 of the device and again had to contact them because though I could make pin 4 give me fast PWM I could not find the connector for it. After much questions they admitted that they had not implemented that part of the schematic. I found that pretty dumb as they sell it as an Azteeg when it does not follow the schematic on the net for the Azteeg.

Since all this there are periodic requests for help along the same lines so maybe their printer is good, maybe it's crap but if they cut corners by missing bits off circuits and they have crap technical support then I would not be risking that sort of money for an experiment, your choice.

Perhaps someone can post with other information about their experiences.

Forewarned is forearmed as they say.
    Seems you are still angry when you mention your experience , I am sorry to know that. I often received no reply in some forum too.So I understand your feeling. Just now I visited their forum, and the recent problems seem to be solved efficiently, maybe the crap you call has been fired, HA.
    God bless me that there will not be anything wrong with my printer T_T. If that happened, hope the same thing will not happen to me as yours.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast