Close

Student

Hi and please help.

Hi
    I am new here so please be gentle with me.

I have vast experience with ,my work, with 3D Cad so the next logical step was to get a 3d printer which I have now done. Wow what have I been missing out on this is great fun even playing with the printer when it blocks all just part of the experience even if a little frustrating.

Happy to help with Cad problems if people and hopefully get some help with printer problems.

The first beening the nozzles block during printing and not completing the model. Very frustrating but I haven't a clue why or how to sort. Is it a case that I need new nozzles?

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    You have to give us more information.

What type of printer?
    What type of filament?
    What type of print head?
    What temperature are you printing at? Is it maintained throughout the print?
    What print speed?

You may have some foreign object or cooked filament blocking flow, or you may just be pushing too fast for the temperature you have set.

Technician
    if you manually extrudes and get the filament out then there is no blocking, try to re-calibrate the nozzle to the bed, as it seems it is to close to the bed.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Davo View Post
    You have to give us more information.

What type of printer?
    What type of filament?
    What type of print head?
    What temperature are you printing at? Is it maintained throughout the print?
    What print speed?

You may have some foreign object or cooked filament blocking flow, or you may just be pushing too fast for the temperature you have set.
    Hi Thanks for the reply.
    I have a Makerbot derivastive using PLA not sure about print head but it is 0.4mm printing at 240deg c.
    I swapped over the nozzle from the other print had and it worked fine hwever after endless printing that nozzle has also now clogged.

I do have an issue with the print bed having got something stuck underneath as it dropped down so it could be that now I need to recalibrate the distance between the bed and the nozzle. How do I do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_CSK View Post
    Hi Thanks for the reply.
    I have a Makerbot derivastive using PLA not sure about print head but it is 0.4mm printing at 240deg c.
    I swapped over the nozzle from the other print had and it worked fine hwever after endless printing that nozzle has also now clogged.

I do have an issue with the print bed having got something stuck underneath as it dropped down so it could be that now I need to recalibrate the distance between the bed and the nozzle. How do I do that?
    Maybe you should adjust the intensity of extruding.