Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Add Reify 3D on Facebook
    Hi,

For those asking about Solus, we've redesigned the printer and it is better suited for high-resolution applications like jewelry, miniatures or tissue scaffolds. The new design has an enclosed mirror to protect it from dust and fingerprints and the projector is mounted so the printer doesn't need to be recalibrated if it's bumped. The lid is now hinged. We use the same peeling method as the original so the print quality is excellent.

Here's a picture of Yoda watching over a still wet Winterfell and a closeup of one of the towers (thing:48060 and thing:84866). The black markings on the ruler are about 200 microns and smallest graduations are 500 microns to give you an idea of the resolution the printer can achieve. You really need to see the prints in real life to appreciate the level of detail.

Here's a cool mesh ring:

Stereolithography (SLA) is one of the of the most common 3D printing technique which can be beneficial depending on your unique product needs.

SLA is a technique that employs a laser to harden liquid resin to build molds, prototypes, or patterns a single layer at a time. This process has been in use for many years, and can be useful for projects requiring a high levels of accuracy and fast turnaround time. The downside to this process is that 3D models created using SLA are not as strong or as durable as a finished product will be.
    Attached Images Attached Images

... To adress the original question : I like FDM because with kids @home it is easier for me to segregate rolls than solvents and resin. Also it is cheaper by quite a lot and with the extruding machines im hoping to actually recycle a bit. Also, quite a choice of materials today. Finally, volume : big parts without need to assemble.

@Taskman, the prices actually sound pretty good, if the finished quality of the prints would exceed that of FDM printers.

One thing I always like to see when I buy something new is videos of the product in use.
    So in the case of 3d printers, I would love to see timelapse videos of different objects being printed, from start to finish, with close ups of the finished objects to see the details.

Technician
    Add kennycoulter on Facebook Add kennycoulter on Google+
    I am also interested in this, and also, so far have not had great luck with my Replicator 2.

Student
    Add taskman on Facebook Add taskman on Google+ Add taskman on Thingiverse
    Here is a live broadcast where I print part of the Toyota engine, currently without a wiper
    http://bambuser.com/v/5312314

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12