Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    There are many online companies and providers are available who are providing the different parts of printing machine according to your need and with best price. You just find your material on different stores like solid concept which is a best provider for prototyping, tooling and injection modeling. It provides a great service with great price with amazing turn around. I think the part you are searching will definitely get you on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by truly_bent View Post
    I get that. If two printers have the same resolution it doesn't necessarily follow that they both have the same accuracy, but a generalization saying that 'high resolution means low accuracy' isn't right either.
    Sure it is...
    If the resolution is 10 mils, then accuracy cannot be better than 10 mils. In order to get accuracy of 20 microns, resolution (layer thickness) needs to be less than 20 microns.

Quote Originally Posted by MercedesStolp View Post
    There are many online companies and providers are available who are providing the different parts of printing machine according to your need and with best price. You just find your material on different stores like solid concept which is a best provider for prototyping, tooling and injection modeling. It provides a great service with great price with amazing turn around. I think the part you are searching will definitely get you on this site.
    I have no idea what you meant to say.

Engineer
    @sls
    I will still be cautious about the accuracy.

You're printing from extremely high temperature and it cools down to room temperature. Talk about shrinking .... lot of shrinking that just kill your precision wanted.
    Best way to check is to get a sample and check it on MMT
    @sla
    There is still resin shrinking. The laser diameter itself is about 100 to 300 microns, which limit what you want. Small DLP printer might what you are looking for , since you are not limited by the laser diameter, but still resin shrinking....

Engineer-in-Training iDig3Dprinting's Avatar
    Follow iDig3Dprinting On Twitter Add iDig3Dprinting on Facebook Add iDig3Dprinting on Google+ Add iDig3Dprinting on Thingiverse
    We saw a nice loss wax 3D printer at the TCT show last year it was in Stratsys Solidscape range . I think it would do want you wanted to, depending upon how good you were at the actual casting process but the cost was £20k+ if memory serves us right.

Add bford903 on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by iDig3Dprinting View Post
    We saw a nice loss wax 3D printer at the TCT show last year it was in Stratsys Solidscape range . I think it would do want you wanted to, depending upon how good you were at the actual casting process but the cost was £20k+ if memory serves us right.
    And the Solidscape machines can be a challenge to keep running. Replacement parts are really expensive. But the material casts better than any other material i've found. Minimal grow lines on the prints as well.

Follow iDig3Dprinting On Twitter Add iDig3Dprinting on Facebook Add iDig3Dprinting on Google+ Add iDig3Dprinting on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by bford903 View Post
    And the Solidscape machines can be a challenge to keep running. Replacement parts are really expensive. But the material casts better than any other material i've found. Minimal grow lines on the prints as well.
    We have never used a SolidScape machine, it just looked very nice in action. What did you use your machine for?

Add bford903 on Facebook
    Jewelry casting. I worked on a Solidscape T66 for a while. The material looked great and casted well, but the machine was a pain to keep running. Broke down often and the extruders/jets were $1000 a piece. A gentleman from Solidscape called me the other day wanting to show off their new line, but I haven't had time to make it over there. Maybe they've made improvements.

*SIDE NOTE: My difficulties with the Solidscape may be due to operator incompetence.

This is what a Solidscape print looks like. They come out of the machine just like that. Casts just like wax with normal gypsum-based investment.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by bford903 View Post
    This is what a Solidscape print looks like. They come out of the machine just like that. Casts just like wax with normal gypsum-based investment.
    great looking work. what did you use for the 3D modelling and I would be interested to know a bit more about the casting process you used to keep the detail. We have not done casting before, at least not to this standard.

Technician
    Follow JSenior On Twitter Add JSenior on Facebook
    We do a lot of casting using either waxes taken off 3D printed masters or straight burn outs.

It's quite difficult to see many uses where metal sintering becomes financially viable over casting.

Just this last week we've had our first prints done using the Projet 3500 and Casting materials.

The results at 0.016mm layers are very impressive (not cheap!)

Still waiting to get them cast however (vacuum investment.)

Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast