Close

Technician
    Add kennycoulter on Facebook Add kennycoulter on Google+

Also help PLEASE!

I am american't and ain't no gud wif kompewtor!I have only printed out the samples with the printer, and things that I've created in Inventor. I do not fully understand how to change the musical notes on the barrel for the parametric music box. I would like a certain song: http://www.bing.com/search?q=head+ov...x&FORM=IENTSRI do not know what exactly is needed for me to create this. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:53235 What am I doing wrong, or what do I need to understand?I promise that I will try to return the favor to anyone who helps out. Have a great day, and thanks in advance to anyone who may be able to help.

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    The drum is a timer, or an analog version of the written music (well, sheet music would be analog i guess lol).

Find the sheet music, list all the notes the song plays, and enter that into the customizer. then Transcribe the notes and the timings to the wizard he suggests in the customizer (http:http://www.wizards23.net/projects/mu.../musicbox.html). Use that in the Pins Parameter. That might make the box work. There's a LOT of variables in that design, so your gonna have to work it out with trial and error it seems.

Technician
    Thank you. I am still trying. for some reason, it is hit and miss being able to open links or access other sites. Originally, I could not open the customizer at all.

Technician
    http:http://www.wizards23.net/projects/mu.../musicbox.html I can never open this link. Does it work for anyone out there? Also, I have had the help of a family friend/music teacher that has figured out a lot of what I have been trying to achieve. I am not sure if I am going about the information correctly, since I cannot open the above link. I have a lot of the musical details, if someone can translate/tell me what to put into the generator so I could move forward with this project. Thank you to any or everyone involved so far!

Technician
    Here is what I have so far, with the extreme help of my friend.What I’m sending is 4 measures of intro, then “I wanted to be with you alone, and talk about the weather” – which can be repeated if you feel it’s too short to represent the verse – and then “Something happens and I’m head over heels, I never find out till I’m head over heels” and a little run that leads right back to the intro, so it will be an uninterrupted loop. (So you should try to get the spacing so that there is no extra between the last note and the beginning of the song.) If you need to shorten it even further, you could leave out the verse altogether and it would still sound fine. Line One and Line Two play at the same time – Line 1 is the melody, and line 2 is the harmonic rhythm & bass. I plucked out the crucial notes from the sheet music, and played it all staccato (short pings, like a music box) to see if it would sound good. The instructions for writing the note names said that each one has 3 characters: the letter, whether it’s sharp or flat or blank if it’s neither, and the number of the octave. The example showed no space between those 3 characters, so it’s confusing to look at. The way I’m working the “pinning” is that each quarter note gets 8 characters, and the eighth notes get 4 characters. So if you need to adjust the spacing, just make sure that the eighths are half what the quarters are. Line 2 in the intro is half notes, which are double the quarters, or 16 characters in this configuration. The font may not line them up like they should be, so to show you the alignment, I’m using four colors per measure, changing on each beat, (It’s too hard to do with the letter names, so I just did the first measure to show you where they are going.)INTROLine One: G 2F#2E 2D 2E 2C 2G 2F#2E 2D 2E 2C 2 Line Two: C 1G 1C 1G 1Line One: XoooooooXoooXoooXoooooooXoooXoooooooXoooXoooXoooXo ooXoooXoooooooLine Two: XoooooooooooooooXoooooooooooooooXoooooooooooooooXo oooooooooooooo INTRO (2nd half)Line One: G 2F#2E 2D 2E 2C 2G 2F#2E 2D 2E 2C 2Line Two: D 1A 1D 1A 1Line One: XoooooooXoooXoooXoooooooXoooXoooooooXoooXoooXoooXo ooXoooXoooooooLine Two: XoooooooooooooooXoooooooooooooooXoooooooooooooooXo oooooooooooooo VERSE (1st half)Line One: A 1E 2D 2C#2A 1G 2A 2B 2G 2Line Two: A 0B 0C#1E 1C#1A 0C 1G 1E 1F#1G 1A 1Line One: ooooooooooooXoooXoooXoooXoooXoooXoooXoooXoooXooooo ooooooooooooooLine Two: XoooXoooXoooXoooXoooooooXoooooooXoooooooXoooooooXo ooXoooXoooXooo VERSE (2nd half)Line One: A 1E 2D 2D 2C#2E 2A 1Line Two: A 0B 0C#1E 1C#1A 0C 1E 1G 1F#1E 1E 1D 1C 1Line One: ooooooooooooXoooXoooXoooXoooXoooXoooXooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooLine Two: XoooXoooXoooXoooXoooooooXoooooooXooXooooXoooXoooXo ooXoooXoooXooo CHORUS (1st half) Line One: D 2D 2D 2B 1D 2B 1F#2F#2E 2B 1E 2E 2B 1Line Two: G 0B 0D 1G 1F#1E 1D 1E 1F#1G 1E 1D 1B 0D 1Line One: XoooooooXoooooooXoooXoooXoooXoooXoooXoooXoooXooooo ooXoooXoooXoooLine Two: XoooXoooooooXoooXoooXoooXoooXoooXoooooooXoooXoooXo ooXoooXoooXooo CHORUS (2nd half) Line One: D 2B 1D 2D 2B 1F#2F#2G 2A 2B 2F#2Line Two: G 0B 0D 1G 1B 0D 1F#1E 1B 1A 1G 1F#1E 1D 1Line One: XoooXoooXoooooooooooooooXoooXoooXoooXoooXoooXooooo ooXoooXoooooooLine Two: XoooooooXoooXoooXoooXoooXoooXoooXoooooooXoooXoooXo ooXoooXoooXooo I hope all of this will work. In case you need to know ranges, the highest note is B-2 and the lowest is G-0 (which I believe they are calling the G above middle C.)

Technician
    I posted the better information on the thingiverse page...since this site doesn't show paragraphs. anyone out there have experience?

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    I've never had a problem with paragraphs....

work fine for me!

Technician
    As seen in all of my posts, I can't separate anything. I was hoping to make the questions more legible.