Close

last layers failure using simlify3d

Hi so I've done a really simple design for some fork sliders for my motorbike using 123d design , i import the STL file into simplify 3d add supports and it all looks good

but after I've sliced it when i move the slider along to see the build process some of the text is missing from the top on the print like its not finished the print
    I can't slide the slider anymore to the right so its as if the last few layer are missing ?

Any ideas peeps ?

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Decrease your extrusion width to like .3 and see if it appears. Odd that the left doesn't have any and the right has some text.

Ive printed these off with a 20% infill as a prototype and they have came out exactly the same as the sliced version no lettering on the left print and some on the right
    Ive also , as suggested reduced extrusion width to .30 and some lettering shows up on the left print and all lettering appears on the right when sliced , so have i designed the lettering too small ?

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Yes, the letters are too thin, but that still doesn't explain why one side is different than the other. That is odd. Can try rotating both 45 degrees also. Infill doesn't matter, you should be using a few solid top layers and the lettering would be part of that.

Engineer
    yes the lettering is far too small. your printer cant print that, s3d knows it so it doesnt slice what you cant print.