Close

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by tsteever View Post
    I am using pins 6, 4 and 2 on the EXP3 port. They are PWM2, Ground, and 5volt respectively.

If you use the firmware I posted and these pins you should be fine as it is working for me. I think i mentioned somewhere that I had intended to use PWM1 but it was later posted that PWM2 can be used. I have that pin defined in my firmware and my abl is working as it should.

I just can't get this thing calibrated to print even close to what I want it to print at. None of the parts are usable as they do not align well at all to the drawings. Everything is slightly too large.

How much too large are your parts? Are they too large in X,Y and Z or just one direction?

Engineer-in-Training
    It is frustrating. At times they are off by .5mm other times they are too small. I went through, cleaned, and tightened everything. Hopefully that will help even though I didn't find anything loose.

Parts is still do not have a finished appearance. I'm going to try some different filament. Maybe that may help.

Engineer-in-Training
    It is frustrating. At times they are off by .5mm other times they are too small. I went through, cleaned, and tightened everything. Hopefully that will help even though I didn't find anything loose.

Parts is still do not have a finished appearance. I'm going to try some different filament. Maybe that may help.
    Unless you need the heat resistance I would recommend switching to PLA, it prints much better than ABS in my experience. The only ABS I have tried though was two rolls that I bought with the printer kit so different ABS may print better than what I got with the printer.

Engineer-in-Training
    Do I need to add part cooling fan for pla?

Engineer-in-Training
    Do I need to add part cooling fan for pla?

Not unless you are printing small parts, where your layer times are really short. Before I added my cooling fan I would just print multiple small parts so that layer times were manageable.

I just can't get this thing calibrated to print even close to what I want it to print at. None of the parts are usable as they do not align well at all to the drawings. Everything is slightly too large.
    Can you use PronterFace to make it move? Does it move the correct amount of distance in ProterFace?

So I finally was able to get around to set up my ABL. Everything is hooked up with servo and working fine to find the position for the servo arm. So when I go to home the x or y axis it moves away from the enstop. But in proterface all the axis move in the right direction. I am using tsteever's frimware he uploaded.
    Last edited by Draud; 03-31-2015 at 10:51 PM.

Engineer-in-Training
    Hmm, wish I could help more. What happens when you home using the lcd? How about safe homing? Do you have that enabled?

So its only the x axis that moves the wrong way. If I tap the endstop with my finger it will stop while moving. Everything else works fine y axis moves the right way and the probe arm for the z ABL drops and homes perfect.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Draud View Post
    So its only the x axis that moves the wrong way. If I tap the endstop with my finger it will stop while moving. Everything else works fine y axis moves the right way and the probe arm for the z ABL drops and homes perfect.

Was the printer working before you loaded the firmware for the ABL? Sounds to me like you need to turn the connector for your X motor 180° so it will move in the other direction.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast