Close

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ex-egll View Post
    If any one wants to know the changes I made, let me know.
    It would be helpful for you to just post the changes as a reply to this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by SgtToe View Post
    Hi All I have purchased the micro switch and servo that is referenced in the zenmaster videos and will be printing Clough42's cooling shroud and ABL parts soon. I quickly read through all 14 pages of this post and was overwhelmed.

After I install the parts would the proper course of events be as follows?

1. Update my firmware from the default that I got from Makerfarm to the newest version?
    2. Follow steps in post number 118 on this thread by ex-egll.

that it?
    My suggestion would be to get the BeckDac release at: https://github.com/beckdac/Marlin

That will be very close to what you need. Wire things up and if you have questions or problems, there will be a number of people here that can help you.

I agree with Roxy, having gone through this recently! With the BeckDac release, very few changes are needed. If you need a list of what I changed let me know.

Student
    Colin said there's an auto leveling kit coming very soon for around $10 from Makerfarm (both Rumba and Ramps)

Engineer-in-Training
    Feel free to add/change this list. Just copy it and repost it into your new post to keep it clear...

1) print all parts needed for ABL and install new unstops and servos.
    2) Download the current BeckDak release and install. https://github.com/beckdac/Marlin
    3) Change esteps to fit your printers needs. I had to change the extruder steps.
    4) Change the pins.h file to enable the servo on the rumba. Add the following code at line 1704 (right before the #endif //MOTHERBOARD==80). This will allow you to use pins 2, 4, and 6 on EXP3 header pins. Pay careful attention as you will need to rewire the ends as they do not match the servo wiring. Just use an exacto blade to lift the catch on the plug to pull the wires and rearrange them.
    Code:
    #ifdef NUM_SERVOS#define SERVO0_PIN 5 // For Rumba PWM_1 is to be used for the servo it is on expansion slot 3, pin 5
    #endif[/i]
    5) Enable ABL in the firmware and change the offsets in the config.h file to match your setup following the youtube tutorials
    6) adjust the marlinmain.ccp file line 1604 to look like the following code. For me I had to add the +4
    Code:
    current_position[Z_AXIS] += zprobe_zoffset+4;  //Add Z_Probe offset (the distance is negative)

Technologist
    Hope this isn't considered a thread hijack..., but..., question:

When ABL is enabled, and once printing begins, is the Z correction applied continuously throughout the print, or is it disabled after the first few layers? Programmable option?

Thx!

Quote Originally Posted by lakester View Post
    Hope this isn't considered a thread hijack..., but..., question:

When ABL is enabled, and once printing begins, is the Z correction applied continuously throughout the print, or is it disabled after the first few layers? Programmable option?

Thx!
    Currently, it is through the whole print. But there is talk about making the nozzle follow the contour of the bed (to handle high and low spots) and having that phase out over some number of layers. That code isn't there right now.

Technologist
    That would be great. Because currently the way am set up right now. Is having to print in one conner of the bed were the prints layer looks better that the other spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    Currently, it is through the whole print. But there is talk about making the nozzle follow the contour of the bed (to handle high and low spots) and having that phase out over some number of layers. That code isn't there right now.

Technologist
    OK..., thx.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post

Haven not fully read through this thread but really wanting to get auto bed leveling setup on my Makerfarm 10" i3V with Rumba board.
    I am wishing I had opted for the basic RAMPS because I cant hardly find info for this board....

Anyways can someone with a fully working 10" post a github of there modified Marlin firmware? Would help so much!

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast