Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Engineer
    OK i ordered two of these..hope they are going to work well

http://www.qtecstore.com/pages/screw...rive/page.html

I'm interested in how this turns out, and how you install them, try to remember to take lots of pics because if this turns out well there will probably be several who do this :-)

Engineer
    im considering switching over to a Nema 17 Geared stepper to give it more resolution. but im confused about what voltage range and amperage i can run on a rambo

Engineer
    I am going to need to add a 2nd backup Z endstop incase it decides to forget the drop the ABL probe and since the Lead screw block is solid.. unlike the Nut trap used with the stock config.. I iwll need to readd my bed springs for safety so if it doesnt dive down.. it wont crack the glass or something else

What about attaching it to the x carraige? How are you planning to handle that?

Technologist
    Anyone seen this. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:687929/#files . Looks like it would be a good upgrade to the wood frame. Video http://youtu.be/6SyZbSSrLB8

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by sniffle View Post
    What about attaching it to the x carraige? How are you planning to handle that?
    Im hoping to go directly into the extrusion.. but I will see how things align, its taking a while to get the parts.. hope it shows up soon

Engineer
    I finally received the lead screw order.. Looks really good.. I will try and get it setup and running this weekend. stay tuned for Work in progress photos.

Engineer
    Spent half the day making the necessary parts..
    Longer mount for Z motors, Plate to attach to X and topper bearing plate
    had to make a few small corrections.. and drill out a hole or two i forgot
    make s shim and its looking and working really well so far

Havent adjust the Steps yet.. thats next

the quality of the leadscrew is excellent.. very impressed considering the cost

I still need to put back the springs onto my headed bed.. as a safety as with this setup there is no nut trap that would pop out
    and im going to add a second Z endstop so it triggers before the spring bottoms out. last thing i want is if the Z goes crazy for it to crank down and crack my glass or worse.

Attached Images Attached Images

Engineer
    A few more pics
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast