Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Engineer
    Can one use the hardware kit for the IBDE on this extruder?

Printing new extruder block now with the E3D dimensions..ill let you know if it works and upload the stl file.

If not mistaken its the same extruder....just minus the second one..
    Quote Originally Posted by AbuMaia View Post

I was able to modify C42's The extruder block to house the E3D hot end nice and snug with the stock metal plate from the Hexagon Hot End. If there is any interest let me know and ill post the STL File, of course if its ok with Clough.

Quote Originally Posted by AbuMaia View Post
    It's a shorter belt (188mm vs 200mm). This extruder also uses m3x50 screws and compression springs and 608 bearings. I could put together a kit if there is interest. I have belts and pulleys.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo28 View Post
    I was able to modify C42's The extruder block to house the E3D hot end nice and snug with the stock metal plate from the Hexagon Hot End. If there is any interest let me know and ill post the STL File, of course if its ok with Clough.
    Did you just make the 17mm recess in the bottom shorter so it presses against the top of the hot end?

I'd be happy to make a variant, or if you like, go ahead and post it as a remix. Just mark it as a remix of my thing, and Thingiverse will make a link off my listing so people can find it easily.

Yes Clough, thats exactly what i did. I'll go ahead and post it as a remix and put the link here.
    Quote Originally Posted by clough42 View Post
    Did you just make the 17mm recess in the bottom shorter so it presses against the top of the hot end?

I'd be happy to make a variant, or if you like, go ahead and post it as a remix. Just mark it as a remix of my thing, and Thingiverse will make a link off my listing so people can find it easily.

Here is the link to the remixed version. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:714547 . You would still need to download the original Itty Bitty for the rest of the parts.

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo28 View Post
    Here is the link to the remixed version. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:714547 . You would still need to download the original Itty Bitty for the rest of the parts.
    Peter - You use 3mm filament, so I assume the extruder base is intended for that. You might note that in your Thingiverse listing. The 1.75mm E3Dv6 has a PTFE tube that ideally raises into the extruder base, and your design likely can't accommodate the larger diameter of that tube. The filament feed hole also won't be optimally placed for 1.75mm filament, but that isn't as significant of an issue.

Engineer
    It's easy enough to drill out the hole to fit the PTFE tube

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast