Close

Stratasys Shareholders File Class Action Lawsuit

3D printing stocks have been making the headlines in the last week or so, and it hasn't all been good news. When Stratasys (NASDAQ:SSYS) warned about their initial Q4 guidance for 2014 and projections for 2015, stocks dipped by more than 30% -- and a lot of investors were angered, placing the blame on the company. Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP has now filed a class action lawsuit against Stratasys, alleging violations of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. The suit is on behalf of those who purchased common stock between May 9, 2014 and February 2, 2015, and interested parties who would like to get in on it have until April 6th to join the suit and seek lead plaintiff status. Find out more about the suit and current state of stocks in the full article: http://3dprint.com/42850/stratasys-ssys-class-action/

Below is a graph from Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP regarding the stock's class period:

Staff Engineer
    People who buy stocks during a bubble because of feel-good promises are also easily suckered by lawyers based on self-righteous indignation.

There's some old saying about a fool and his money...

Student
    I absolutely think this is justified. I understand why MakerBot did it, but I sure as heck don't think it's right. I'm a MakerBot reseller. We stopped selling MakerBot for over 6 months after the 5th Gen started shipping. It was in an absolutely unacceptable condition, especially for the price. We're selling them again now, but only because they actually put out great prints now. They're still on the expensive side, but they do have some great features for people who have never done any 3D printing before.

Quote Originally Posted by johnschneider89 View Post
    I absolutely think this is justified. I understand why MakerBot did it, but I sure as heck don't think it's right. I'm a MakerBot reseller. We stopped selling MakerBot for over 6 months after the 5th Gen started shipping. It was in an absolutely unacceptable condition, especially for the price. We're selling them again now, but only because they actually put out great prints now. They're still on the expensive side, but they do have some great features for people who have never done any 3D printing before.

So do you only resell MakerBot 3D printers, or do you resell Stratasys 3D printers as well? How about any other 3D printers, such as 3DSystems?