Close

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Engineer
    The only one negative that i have found regarding this plastic is that. if the hotend somehow end up touching it directly and its very hot. it can leave a permanent mark on the PEI Plastic.
    i have had this happen once with a headcrash while hot.. the mark was very small.

Add gmay3 on Thingiverse
    Makes sense, I misread that the PEI was heat resistant up to 350 C but now looking at it again its really only 168 C.

On the other hand, the negative of glass is that it shatters

so far all I can say is wow. I got the 1/16th sheet from Mc Master and scored / snapped to the same size as my glass and used binder clips to hold it down. So far so good, I have printed probably 20 parts and they have all stuck great and wont come off till the bed cools way down. The sheet came with a slight bow in it. I used binder clips to hold it down, but I think there is still a slight bow in the middle. Any suggestions? I am thinking getting the 3M high temp adhesive and attaching it to my glass. Was hoping not to have to do that but its not the end of the world if that's the best solution.

Technologist
    Add usarmyaircav on Google+ Add usarmyaircav on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by brochapman View Post
    so far all I can say is wow. I got the 1/16th sheet from Mc Master and scored / snapped to the same size as my glass and used binder clips to hold it down. So far so good, I have printed probably 20 parts and they have all stuck great and wont come off till the bed cools way down. The sheet came with a slight bow in it. I used binder clips to hold it down, but I think there is still a slight bow in the middle. Any suggestions? I am thinking getting the 3M high temp adhesive and attaching it to my glass. Was hoping not to have to do that but its not the end of the world if that's the best solution.
    I went with the 3M adhesive, and find that it works great.

Well I ordered a couple sheets of adhesive and another sheet of PEI. I have a hard time only have one of something, I like to have a backup.

Thanks

Hey guys. What temp settings are you using for ABS with your PEI sheets? I am still having major curling issues. Any tips appriciated!

Engineer
    I am using 120 for ABS, make sure your hotend gap is right. if its not pushing down into the PEI enough it wont grip

Thanks for the tips. What temp is your ABS hot end at as well?

Engineer
    I run ABS at 245

i run ABS at 250 :-)

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast