Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    hm, should i buy something like a conductivity meter?
    (as example: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KSTZGNE?psc=1 )
    Would this prevent me from wasting my resin?

Technologist
    Add Chayat on Shapeways
    I have a refractometer for my fish tank:

http://www.amazon.com/Temperature-Co...=refractometer

I plan on using that.

Peachy Printer Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Feign View Post
    Out of curiosity, I tried floating some G+ resin (supposedly the same formula as the Peachy Juice) on top of salt water and I didn't use nearly enough salt... The results were... Unfortunate. And so I panicked and dumped in more salt, which kind of mixed into the resin but didn't dissolve. (weighing it down at the bottom of the water even more, it seems) Then I mixed it all up, hoping to separate the salt from resin and cause the resin to surface when it settled out.

It ended up being a great big mess, and I pretty much left it in the sun to cure for easy cleaning. Ended up with an ugly combination of resin chunks and salt splotches all over my work tray, thankfully not too much wasted resin. (and the cured resin came off everything nice and easy, thanks to the coating of salt on the outside of it.)
    Clearly, the amount of salt to water needed will be a pretty important thing to the build instructions. (if not already in there)
    Typically here at peachy we just make saturated salt water, and then add a tiny bit (say 5 percent) of fresh water to that so that evaporation doesn’t cause the salt to precipitate out immediately.
    it dose take nearly saturated salt water to float subG and I haven’t played with subG+ much yet.

I think string the resin with water vigorously causes some chemicals to leach from the resin, into the water, and that makes the resin a bit less sensitive to light. This doesn’t seem to be a problem with resin that is just sitting on top the water for a few weeks.
    resin that is less sensitive to light isnt necessarily a bad thing, it has pros and cons, for example less sensitive resin means you can use more laser power which means if your using a pwm laser you can use more of the lasers range of power.
    more sensitive may allow you to print faster with a lower power laser that is safer for the human eye.

Ether way we have made calibration features in the software so you can get the printer working with a wide range of resin sensitivity’s.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12