Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Suggestion to print this part

Hi, hope you can help me, I need to print this part with the highest possible strenght, I tried with the flattest surface facing down (photo 2) but the upper parts breaks easily, I have Bridge nylon and ABS , any suggestion on orientation? or settings? thank a lot

Attached Images Attached Images

Engineer
    Pretty much like you have it in the pic is how it needs to be printed. Flat side down. Im not sure how big this part is but there appears to be thin vertical walls in some of the upper areas so if it were me i would print this with 1 perimeter and 100% infill. Abs or nylon. Whatever you want ti use. Abs will be more rigid and will break under stress. Nylon is more flexible and will bend easier but not actually break.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by jimc View Post
    Pretty much like you have it in the pic is how it needs to be printed. Flat side down. Im not sure how big this part is but there appears to be thin vertical walls in some of the upper areas so if it were me i would print this with 1 perimeter and 100% infill. Abs or nylon. Whatever you want ti use. Abs will be more rigid and will break under stress. Nylon is more flexible and will bend easier but not actually break.
    How would 1 shell, 100% infill be vs lets say, 6 shell, 35% infill. Which would be a "stronger" print, I guess is what I'm asking.

thanks, i´ll try regards..

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    I would print that at 2 shells, 30 percent infill at 0.2mm. The thin walls, I would want more shells because the infill is calculated overall and those thin parts wouldn't get the 30% that the others are getting.
    It looks like it will need supports tho for those back two clips.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassna View Post
    How would 1 shell, 100% infill be vs lets say, 6 shell, 35% infill. Which would be a "stronger" print, I guess is what I'm asking.
    bear in mind that much of the upper part of that is too thin for 6 shells.

Given how thin much of it is. Yeah 1 shell and 100% infill you pretty much want the whole thing to be solid.

And looks like you'll need a shitload of supports as well.

That's not something I'd ever want to try and print :-)

Materal wise I'd go with pla+ if I had it.
    Nylon if I could print somthing that detailed with it and abs as a last resort - 'cos I just don't like it that much :-)

I like PLA also, what do you mean by "PLA+" ??

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    I would print that at 2 shells, 30 percent infill at 0.2mm. The thin walls, I would want more shells because the infill is calculated overall and those thin parts wouldn't get the 30% that the others are getting.
    It looks like it will need supports tho for those back two clips.
    What would be your material reccomendation? thanks

Engineer
    curious aa pretty much has what i am thinking. you want it as solid as you can get it. its like trying to 3d print text. text always prints best at 1 shell. like i said i cant really tell the size of this piece either bit just from the looks of it those upper areas will only print a single shell anyway then the infill will fill the rest. with 2 or even 3 shells set you are probably going to end up with a gap in tight areas. really the way to tell though is look at a preview of the gcode. every slicer works different as well so use your slicer, slice it a couple different ways, look at the preview and then decide.

I have walls of 1.5 mm in the upper side, I´m attached a new picture with some dimensions..

Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast