Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    So its looking like the 3 cfm fans for cloughs design arent quite enough. Ive been thinking that was also part of my problem. I have both of my fans wired in parrallel all blowing out the back. Im beginning to wonder if the opening is big enough for 4-5 cfm.

Oh did you leave the shroud in place and just add the stock fan?

Quote Originally Posted by sniffle View Post
    Oh did you leave the shroud in place and just add the stock fan?
    No, I had to take the shroud off to put the stock fan on, I also removed the 25mm fan, but didn't change out the shelf.

I also have the E3D fan blowing backwards, with the air coming out away from the hotend.

This is great info. I'm working on a double extruder that will take the e3d, and it sounds like I need to make room for the stock fans.
    Last edited by clough42; 02-28-2015 at 07:12 PM. Reason: speling

Glad we can help out :-)

Engineer
    Clough42: do you think you could modify the double shroud to mount the two fans to the front of that, to still utilize the shroud and exhausting up behind the extruder?

Quote Originally Posted by AbuMaia View Post
    Clough42: do you think you could modify the double shroud to mount the two fans to the front of that, to still utilize the shroud and exhausting up behind the extruder?
    I see no reason why not. It'll be tricky to get the fit right, but as long as there isn't much back pressure, a small gap shouldn't be any big deal. I'll probably work on that today.

C42 my shroud is the correct height with a mm or 2 to slide the e3d fan shoud inside to clip onto the heatsink....

I will take a picture of mine when i get home tonight

Hey sniffle, where are you on this? I'll be throwing another v6 onto one of my printers soon and I really hate E3D's stock fan setup. Are the files you already posted current?

yeah they are complete at this point other than the part cooling which i've been sidetracked on with other projects, with the E3D there really is no other choice but to use the stock fan setup in the front, but you can use my shroud as well, and leave the fan off of the X shelf so that the air still exhausts up behind the gears.

Engineer
    Meaning I'll have to cut the small fan wires to hook them back up to the E3D fan ....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345