Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    According to e3d docs it needs 4-5 cfm. I dont know that 1 fan will cut it for 2 but i would be willing to give it a shot i also have a second e3d on the way and i have a 2nd fan sitting here as a backup. I would suggest aiming for the shroud to go between the bottom 2 fins. There is much less height between the black and the sink than on the hexagon.

Ill also send you my .ipt originals for it if you want. Solidworks wont import the dimensions extrusions etc but it will at least be workable models.

Sorry i missed the last question.

I personally use the 1.75mm with the ptfe liner running all the way to the bottom of the hobbed bolt.

Engineer
    I use 1.75 with two separate ptfe tubes, one inside the extruder, and one inside the hotend.

Quote Originally Posted by AbuMaia View Post
    I use 1.75 with two separate ptfe tubes, one inside the extruder, and one inside the hotend.
    I should probably do that... Its getting annouing pulling it apart everytime a nast jam happens or i need to try the next build

I am still having some jams with the V6, so I ordered some PTFE tubing today with an ID of 2.0mm to see if it helps.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Quote Originally Posted by N5QM View Post
    I am still having some jams with the V6, so I ordered some PTFE tubing today with an ID of 2.0mm to see if it helps.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    i'm definitely curious on how this works out.

on a side note,

here is the most up to date files, the only thing that has changed is that the hot end shroud is about a half mm shorter to fit a little better.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php...24344959027206

and for the adventurous, here is a slightly modified part cooling shroud that will hopefully fix the issue of it sagging, from the heater block heat even when wrapped in kapton.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php...35346474031821

Once Abumaia verifies his build that will 2 confirmed working prints, not including me, this will be going up on thingiverse. I will also be asking C42 if i can post up a couple of his pieces so that it is all a solidified package.

Quote Originally Posted by sniffle View Post
    I will also be asking C42 if i can post up a couple of his pieces so that it is all a solidified package.
    Knock yourself out. I released it under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license, so you should be good to go. The best way to do the attribution is to mark it as a remix of my Thing. That way, people can navigate the tree, and your item will show up as a remix when people look at mine.

Quote Originally Posted by clough42 View Post
    Knock yourself out. I released it under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license, so you should be good to go. The best way to do the attribution is to mark it as a remix of my Thing. That way, people can navigate the tree, and your item will show up as a remix when people look at mine.

Thats what i planned to do :-) thanks C42, also i was wrong about how long i've had my E3DV6... i've had it a few days longer than when i started this post.

N5QM, as a quick question, are you printing in PLA? if so... try printing faster, if your using S3D under cooling limit how far it can slow the print down. PLA expands as it gets hot if it slows down too much heat starts creaping up into the heat break allow9ng the PLA to start expanding and eventually causes a jam. by printing faster your now allowing the PLA time to absorb the heat and expand. the other option is to turn down the heat, but then you run the risk of not melting the pla.

No, the only time I have jamming problems is with PETG and only after a bit if printing. I'm playing with increasing the temperature a bit to see what happens, I'll post an update when I have one. :-)

An update on my PETG issues...

I increased the temperature from 245 to 255 and then noticed the fins were rather warm, so I put the stock E3D fan on the unit and soo far, it seems to be working well.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast