Close

Ways to adhere to the printed bed (not filament) w/ glass or whatever

So i am a new owner of the flashforge creator pro... LOVE IT.
    however, i print with PEI (basically think of it as glass for arguments sake). I want to switch from 1 side of this "glass" to the other, one side is glossy, the other side matt.
    Using aligator clips dont work because its flexible enough that it would flex a little where there arent clips.
    3m stickum works just fine, but thats a disaster when you want to flip it over.

Any ideas on how to adhere something to the print bed quickly and easily, but be able to remove it and flip it over?
    thanks

Technologist
    Add truly_bent on Shapeways
    Pardon my ignorance, but is this PEI polyethylenimine or is it polyether imide? They look pretty close.

Thanks

[Edit: Forget it. Found this info on another thread]
    Last edited by truly_bent; 01-26-2015 at 04:29 PM.

Technologist
    Add truly_bent on Shapeways
    Thank you...

Use heated bed. A heated build platform improves printingquality by helping to prevent wraping. As extruded plastic cools, it shrinks slightly. When this shrinking process does not occur throughout a printed part evenly, the result is a warped part. Printing on a heated bed allows the printed part to stay warm during the printing process and allow more even shrinking of the plastic as it cools below melting point.

Was this meant for for another thread. Doesn't seem to fit here.

Quote Originally Posted by dunginhawk View Post
    So i am a new owner of the flashforge creator pro... LOVE IT.
    however, i print with PEI (basically think of it as glass for arguments sake). I want to switch from 1 side of this "glass" to the other, one side is glossy, the other side matt.
    Using aligator clips dont work because its flexible enough that it would flex a little where there arent clips.
    3m stickum works just fine, but thats a disaster when you want to flip it over.

Any ideas on how to adhere something to the print bed quickly and easily, but be able to remove it and flip it over?
    thanks
    Adhering to the print bed is going to be a problem. The basic issue seems to be the stiffness of the PEI, or lack thereof. Can you laminate a couple of pieces with something stiff in between to improve stiffness?

yeah the problem im trying to solve is being able to flip over the PEI, or put one side on each side of something, but the ability to flip it over when i want is where im struggling, since i cant just use clips.
    someone on another board suggested magnets.. that may be where i head.. i with gecko thing was out