Close

How do I format a new SD card to use in Flashforge Dreamer?

Hi. I've had my dreamer for a couple of weeks now and would like to format another SD card to use to print but everytime I save a file to the new card - the dreamer won't read it. I have no problem printing from the sd card that came with the dreamer - so I know how to save files and print them - but I can't do it with a new sd card. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by crissy621 View Post
    Hi. I've had my dreamer for a couple of weeks now and would like to format another SD card to use to print but everytime I save a file to the new card - the dreamer won't read it. I have no problem printing from the sd card that came with the dreamer - so I know how to save files and print them - but I can't do it with a new sd card. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
    You must format the card to FAT16, and also ensure the filenames are no longer than 8 characters.

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/index.html
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

I have a 128 MB card from an old camera that worked fine. An even older 16 MB card could not be read, probably because the FAT was too small. It sounds like I could have reformatted it, but it is now in the trash.

Student
    The Dreamer supports FAT32 on a 4GB SDHC card and long file names. Not sure of the max size SDHC card nor the upper limit on file names but I have some 25 character names on mine.
    The SD formatter that Geoff linked to should work fine.