Close

Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast
    Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    It works. But the RC-8 / RCBugFix version does not allow you to save the mesh. The UBL Branch lets you save the mesh and it also provides very nice Mesh Validation Pattern and Editing commands for the Mesh.
    I apologize for all the questions, but I do appreciate your knowledge and time.

This morning I started modifying the RC Bug Fix and then I read this comment. In the future I am planning on using the BL touch to implement ABL/Mesh Leveling. if I understand your comment correctly, with RC Bug Fix it won't save the Mesh but will run at the start of every print to create that mesh. Is this correct?

I just want to ensure whatever firmware I use I will be setup for success with my planned upgrades.

Engineer-in-Training
    Hi

You have two simple choices:

1) Auto bed leveling, (bilinear or whatever) that just does it's thing with a G29 gcode. It resets when any G28 (X,Y,Z) comes in.
    2) Mesh bed leveling, this runs with a sequence of G28 commands (or at least it used to). There is a bit more to the startup script as a result.

The BLTouch has it's own issues, but seems to be "good enough".

Bob

Engineer-in-Training
    So I am working through the firmware and am getting compile errors.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sjafx44u4d...arlin.rar?dl=0

That is a RAR of my firmware, can someone look at it and let me know what I did wrong? Thank you!

Engineer-in-Training
    Hi

Start from scratch and do a compile. It should compile without errors. If it does not, re-install your toolchain and re-download the code. Next, add your changes one at a time and do a compile. The one that makes it puke is suspect Multiple definitions for a feature are the most common issue (You can only have one display etc). If you are a "bulk change" sort of person, make notes on each line you change. Do the process in reverse, comment out each change and compile after each reversal.

That may sound like a lot of time and a lot of work. It is enormously faster than waiting for somebody else to download your config and then find the time to check it out. There is inevitably a bit of back and forth with that process:

The first layer issue with your config is that it is defining ULTIPANEL as the display and then looking for the data structures that are associated with it. Do you have a normal MakerFarm or have you modified the display?

Bob

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by uncle_bob View Post
    Hi

Start from scratch and do a compile. It should compile without errors. If it does not, re-install your toolchain and re-download the code. Next, add your changes one at a time and do a compile. The one that makes it puke is suspect Multiple definitions for a feature are the most common issue (You can only have one display etc). If you are a "bulk change" sort of person, make notes on each line you change. Do the process in reverse, comment out each change and compile after each reversal.

That may sound like a lot of time and a lot of work. It is enormously faster than waiting for somebody else to download your config and then find the time to check it out. There is inevitably a bit of back and forth with that process:

The first layer issue with your config is that it is defining ULTIPANEL as the display and then looking for the data structures that are associated with it. Do you have a normal MakerFarm or have you modified the display?

Bob
    Thank you for your input!

I have been copying a lot of settings from the original Marlin 1.02 that is provided by Colin. So I will keep digging through it and see what happens.

Yes I do have the original Graphical LCD.

Engineer-in-Training
    Hi

There are only a handful of settings that matter:

1) The display
    2) The heater Kp, Ki, Kd numbers
    3) The steps per mm on each axis
    4) The thermistor types
    5) End stops polarity
    6) Home directions
    7) The bed size
    8) The speed and acceleration stuff
    9) the temperature limits

Past that it's things like enable (or not) on the eeprom and bed leveling / probes. There is also some fluff like giving it a name. Get the first set of items above working and then add the other stuff a bit at a time. If you want to cut the list above in half and just do 1 through 6, the printer should work in that state. It won't be perfect, but it will boot and home.

Bob

Engineer-in-Training
    Hi

There are only a handful of settings that matter:

1) The display
    2) The heater Kp, Ki, Kd numbers
    3) The steps per mm on each axis
    4) The thermistor types
    5) End stops polarity
    6) Home directions
    7) The bed size
    8) The speed and acceleration stuff
    9) the temperature limits

Past that it's things like enable (or not) on the eeprom and bed leveling / probes. There is also some fluff like giving it a name. Get the first set of items above working and then add the other stuff a bit at a time. If you want to cut the list above in half and just do 1 through 6, the printer should work in that state. It won't be perfect, but it will boot and home.

Bob
    So I have movement, PID, thermistor's, etc working. The only thing I cannot get to work is the LCD. I keep getting that compile error.

I have the following two things defined:

#define DOGLCD
    #define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLLER

If I undefine those two lines then it will compile and upload. But then I cannot use the LCD. Any idea's?

Engineer-in-Training
    Hi

Dump DOGLCD.

Bob

Engineer-in-Training
    Hi

Dump DOGLCD.

Bob
    I have tried that and just left "#define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLLER". It still gives me a compiling error, I am attempting to use Marlin 1.1 RC8 Bug Fix.

I also have the UG8lib in my libraries folder.

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    What is your compile error?

I did a debug build for someone a long time ago, and what it boiled down to was this (from configuration.h at the time)

// ==> REMEMBER TO INSTALL U8glib to your ARDUINO library folder: https://github.com/olikraus/U8glib_Arduino

Without that library, the graphic stuff won't build.

EDIT: Ah. Just saw your comment that came in while I was typing.

Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast