Close

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse

ColorFabb releases BambooFill, with more options coming soon

BambooFill is now available from ColorFabb. It is a product of Helian Polymer's partnership with FKuR in bringing PLA materials to market that include natural fibers within them. These composites allow for stronger, very unique, yet also very biodegradable filaments for at-home use. Today Helian Polymers reinforced their commitment to their partnership with FKuR and announced that they will be showing off some of their composite PLA filaments at the Composites Europe Exhibition in October. Read and see more at: http://3dprint.com/15855/colorfabb-bamboofill-filament/

Wow, I am huge Colorfabb supporter. I love the stuff. But this is the first I've heard of the bamboo line.
    This is awesome! I cant wait to try this!!!

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    they've got astand at tct - hoping they'll bring lots of samples.
    Not sure about a whole roll, but I'd like to try the bronze as well as the bamboo stuff :-)

Just started using it with UM2, with help of this review. However it does not stick wel to the heated glass. Tried better glue, no luck. The nozzle clutted up with the bamboo. So any tips? Lower glass temp (it's now 60 degree C)? Slower of faster (it's now on 60mm/s)? Thicker layers (now 0.15mm)?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    still haven't tried it.
    Jeex try some blue tape. pretty much everything sticks to that.

Dear mister and mrs Colorfabb,

Bamboofill really is hopeless. It clutters up the nozzle and simply does not work. Tried different temperatures, had to clean the nozzle three times, wasted meters of filament, but no printing with your bamboo.

As i'm not the only one having this problem – see this link – maybe it's a good idea to mention in your web shop that is it still an experimental product. I just lost 40 Euro's on your experiment.

But not only that. After all the failed attempts to print your bamboofill, i now have to replace the nozzle because nothing comes out normally any more.

Suggestions from Colorfabb are more than welcome.

Your's truly,

Jeex.

Engineer-in-Training
    Add Wolfie on Thingiverse
    Printed for me.

Print quality needs a bit of fine tuning of the print settings but I got a solid test print out of it.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jeex View Post
    Dear mister and mrs Colorfabb,

Bamboofill really is hopeless. It clutters up the nozzle and simply does not work. Tried different temperatures, had to clean the nozzle three times, wasted meters of filament, but no printing with your bamboo.

As i'm not the only one having this problem – see this link – maybe it's a good idea to mention in your web shop that is it still an experimental product. I just lost 40 Euro's on your experiment.

But not only that. After all the failed attempts to print your bamboofill, i now have to replace the nozzle because nothing comes out normally any more.

Suggestions from Colorfabb are more than welcome.

Your's truly,

Jeex.
    I would expect nozzle diameter to be an issue with a filament like this, what size did you use?

Engineer-in-Training
    Add Wolfie on Thingiverse
    Click on my image. The description has all my print settings.

Gonna guess Jeex used a default 0.40mm which is standard for an Ultimaker.

I printed fine using a Hex with 0.35mm nozzle.