Close

Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
    Engineer-in-Training
    I may be stupid but what's the difference between the R7 and the latest fork? Or are they the same?

Quote Originally Posted by BLKKROW View Post
    I may be stupid but what's the difference between the R7 and the latest fork? Or are they the same?
    There have been a family of 'Release Candidates'. We are trying to do a 'Stable Release'. RC-7 is the latest version. It is much improved over the original RC-1. I think we will have one more in the family, namely: RC-8. I think that will be the last and final Release Candidate. And that will become an official Stable Release.

RC-7 is frozen in time. RCBugFix is everything we have changed since RC-7 started. You should be working with RCBugFix if you do any work or are bringing up a printer. But the point is... If you get Configuration.h files that work with RCBugFix (or RC-7) it won't be hard to package them up and make them available for the Stable Release when that happens.

Engineer
    Ok, here is my Configuration.h file, and pins_RAMPS.h file.

MakerFarm i3v 8"
    RAMPS 1.4
    Marlin RCBugfix from August 26, 2016 (#4704?)
    Toranado extruder http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1246951
    E3D 1.75 hotend with PT100 sensor http://www.makerfarm.com/index.php/h...grade-kit.html
    Capacitive proximity sensor Z endstop/ABL probe https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00542U3M4/

pins_RAMPS.h
    Configuration.h
    Last edited by AbuMaia; 09-16-2016 at 10:18 AM.

Engineer-in-Training
    Where is the RC-7 download located? I thought I might take a look at it.

Engineer-in-Training
    Also, I know people use a text comparison program to look at the differences between two texts. What is a good free one to use to compare these two files?

Quote Originally Posted by tsteever View Post
    Where is the RC-7 download located? I thought I might take a look at it.
    It is here: https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin/tree/RCBugFix You should be using RCBugFix and not the frozen RC-7. RCBugFix is RC-7 with all known bugs fixed.

Also, I know people use a text comparison program to look at the differences between two texts. What is a good free one to use to compare these two files?
    I like ExamDiff Pro. But NotePad++ will do a good job of comparing your Configuration.h files.

Engineer-in-Training
    Wow, looking at the RC7 the comparison might not even work. There are a lot of differences on my initial investigation.

I am running ABL, and that section looks a lot different.

Engineer-in-Training
    Wow, looking at the RC7 the comparison might not even work. There are a lot of differences on my initial investigation.

I am running ABL, and that section looks a lot different.
    Hi

If you are coming from MakerFarm's ver 1.02 or 1.1.0 RC3 files, there *are* a lot of changes. Best to set aside some quality time to dig into the details ....

Bob

Engineer
    I use Meld on my Ubuntu Linux box.

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by AbuMaia View Post
    ...Using Dropbox because there was an error trying to upload the files here.
    Eddie and the admin crew have been fixing things today. Looks like the ability to post attachments is back.

BTW - The Toranado looks like quite an extruder.

Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast