Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ninjaflex Filament

Have any of you guys tried this? it looks like some really cool stuff an im hoping that i will be able to print with it. I have a makerfarm prusa i3 with a .5 jhead...

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by klack View Post
    Have any of you guys tried this? it looks like some really cool stuff an im hoping that i will be able to print with it. I have a makerfarm prusa i3 with a .5 jhead...

See if you can ask them for a sample.
    We had a hard time printing on our bukobot as it kelp jamming
    the extruder.

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    We've printed in it fine on the Hyrel. Also PlastInk Rubber.

Engineer
    Here are some pretty good pictures to give you an idea of what Ninjaflex will print out like. Enjoy:

It doesn't look like it fused very well. Is that a temperature issue? Or is that how the stuff behaves?

Roxy ... we tend to get much less "defined" layers than what is pictured. It does depend on the temperature settings. You need enough heat to get the previous layer to remelt and fuse to the layer being printed.

Here is a good video from adafruit industries of printing with NinjaFlex. Looks like some good stuff.

Engineer
    Gotta say that video makes me want to go by some right away. Looks very good. It's exciting to see companies like Ninjaflex think outside the box to create cool new printable materials.

Engineer
    Does anyone know if there are issues with sticking? I imagine this stuff is harder to remove from the build tray then PLA or ABS. Am I current in this assumption? Just about to order a spool.

Technologist
    Add bshadown on Thingiverse
    From what i can tell from the video, it stick to the bed quite nice, but it need a good pull to retrive it, but never really used i want a simple as well, i might be ordering a spool next mont lets see what happends

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast