Close

Student

Lightbulb Printed object is not sticking.

Sometimes my 3D print will come away from the heated bed. The temp is set to 50°CMore often than not, it is with large area projects.Should I be raising the bed temp?

Technician
    What type of filament are you using? The heated bed usually works fine for me with PLA, but I have that problem with Abs.
    I have to up the bed temperature to 60 or 70 and a little hairspray on the bed helps a lot.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by frierson22 View Post
    What type of filament are you using? The heated bed usually works fine for me with PLA, but I have that problem with Abs.
    I have to up the bed temperature to 60 or 70 and a little hairspray on the bed helps a lot.
    I use PLA and PLA+ 1.75
    The lifting occurs more with the pla+.
    I might try the hairspray trick.
    Thanks

Watch what hairspray you get. i tried this and it didn't work. I understand that it has to be "Extra Hold" type to work. The ordinary ones don't.

Cheers,

Andy

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    Most hairsprays have both sticky stuff (to keep the shape) and lubricant (so one hair doesn't stick to the next). This is not helpful for printing.

The "extra hold" type sprays, (like, for a high mohawk or beehive hairdo) have only the sticky stuff an no lubricant (so all the hairs stick to each other). For many materials, this is helpful for printing.