Close

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    Ya, the word is the Powerspec printer was specced with a lower Amp rated power supply unfortunately. The good news is the printer costs about $550 less than a new Creator Pro and you can upgrade the power supply to better specs than either the Powerspec or Creator pro for about $50-60.
    I think my power supply may be wonky, power supply source? specs?
    Thanks

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Actually Amazon has some. You want a 24volt supply at about 15-16 amps. I think the powerspecs are 12amps. It should say on it.

Yep, just haven't changed the inventory level. Have about 30 available after the pre orders are shipped.
    what is your stock level like?

Super Moderator
    Out for about about a week, accepting preorders. Will ship out as soon as I get parts.

I'm struggling to get my extruder nozzles aligned as well and came across the same issue as SL666...the extruder motors must be removed to get to the set screw holding the nozzles in place. On another forum a user said to just shove the extruder all the way into the aluminum block. Seems reasonable but there's insulation around the extruder which likely eliminates any precision here.

i decided to go with your method, with a change: I remounted the whole extruder assembly but without the motors. In their place I used nuts to hold everything in place and could then get to the set screws and align the nozzles to the plate (your method). Once that was done I reinstalles the stepper motors. Crude but effective. Hope this helps someone, as the original post is brilliant, sans manufacturing changes!

Oh, and another question: does it matter if the extruder nozzles are covered with crud, so long as the tips are clean and unobstructed?

And for SL666: whenever I change filament I start by feeding (loading) filament before going into the unload step. Reduces those annoying disassemblies.
    Last edited by HelicopterCrash; 08-14-2015 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Made a mistake...

After reading every single post and going down a few tangents, I finally took the plunge and took apart my Dreamer. I used the instructions from page 6. I got my Dreamer in June 2015. It has dual fans in the back. Thank you to each of you for posting pictures and explaining in detail what to expect when taking the extruders off and reattaching them.

I started off just wanting to align the extruders. But then I lost a screw, so I had to take the bottom case off. And then I broke the side piece that goes to the side fan, so I had to reprint another one.

IT's been a blast. I never thought that I could do it. But, I did. And I'm proud. Ok. Self-confessed Noob. Mom of 5. Grad student. CEO of a small business. Trying to learn to help the future generation of kids.

Desh

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ffvader View Post
    what is your stock level like?

Stock level is replenished. Getting caught up on pre orders over the weekend.

Stock level is replenished. Getting caught up on pre orders over the weekend.
    Thanks for the update.. looking forward to receiving mine..

Several days ago my PowerSpec Pro, which had been working flawlessly for the 6 weeks I've had it (once the noxxle height issue was sorted out) quit printing in the midst of an ABS object. It went through the motions, but didn't extrude filament. When i went to investigate, I found the extruder was clogged. Took it off after trying the usual tricks, and found that the feed motor had jammed filament into the heating tube. Anyway, i got it cleared. In the process of burning off the crud on the nozzle with a propane torch (nozzle removed from extruder, obviously) I managed to deform the nozzle (too much heat). So I ordered a couple of new nozzles. But hey, this printer has two extruders. I only need one.

At this point, my printer got wonky, a great term. I use Simplify3D, btw. Now, when I send a job to the printer, the bed heats up as usual, but then the sucker starts to print before the extruder reaches temperature, with the obvious result. No thingy. Even pre-heating the extruder didn't work. The print would start, but after 10 minutes the extruder stops extruding.

To make matters stranger, this afternoon I replaced the bad nozzle and tried a print using that extruder. But the printer tried to use the un-selected extruder.

So after all that blab, is my printer broken, or is it Simplify3D? Opinions, thoughts, anyone?

Super Moderator
    That can happen if you are trying to run the Gcode file instead of the .x3g file.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast