Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Complete List of 3D Printer Filament Suppliers

I never realized how many different companies produced filament for 3d printers. There are literally hundreds fdm filament providers out there. With all the competition you would think that prices would come down. I was reading somewhere that it only costs about $2-$3 in raw material plastic pellets to create a one gram spool of filament. Sure there are fixed costs, but these should easily be able to get diluted down as production heats up. Here is a list of all the known filament suppliers out there. Most provide both PLA and ABS:

http://reprap.org/wiki/Printing_Material_Suppliers

I would assume that it's the most complete list out there. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Technologist
    I found that most of those suppliers are just selling rebadged cheap filament from China (Aliexpress / Alibaba). This is the case with a lot of products, but it's really disappointing when these resellers are claiming to have produced their signature "premium" filament, which turns out is the same $12/kg stuff I can pick up myself from Ali... which is what I've ended up doing. Most of the time they're reselling Wanhao, or Winbo, or some no-name even cheaper stuff.

I myself ordered a few spools of Wanhoa from Aliexpress... came to $71.50 for 3 spools of PLA with Fedex 3-5 day shipping, which equates to $23.83 per kg shipped.

I also ordered a spool of ABS from IC3D (from Amazon), who now produce their own filament in the U.S. They have really good reviews, and at $33 with free 2-day shipping with Prime, seems a pretty good deal.

Thanks for this information! I'd like to get into the world of distribution of 3D filament in the near future and this is a good link. Some things needs updating, but hey, its a start.

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    I too have been using IC3D and have really liked their filament. I also had an issue with some (I thought) and contacted them. They offered to swap it out "no questions asked." But, instead they gave me a few things to try and it turned out it was a problem on my end. I like their customer service, prices and product.

But, back to the subject. I'd like to see a complete list and some ratings. I assume that reprap.org is going to be about as good as anyone right now.
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com

I wish they had one more column in their numbers. I would like to know how much a 1 Kg spool is.

Engineer-in-Training MysteryAlabaster's Avatar
    Follow MysteryAlabaster On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by RobH2 View Post
    I too have been using IC3D and have really liked their filament. I like their customer service, prices and product.
    Quote Originally Posted by atoff View Post
    I also ordered a spool of ABS from IC3D (from Amazon), who now produce their own filament in the U.S. They have really good reviews, and at $33 with free 2-day shipping with Prime, seems a pretty good deal.

I'm going to look into IC3D. We buy most of our stuff from Amazon, because we have a business account or something.

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    Besides having good quality filament that's one thing I like about IC3D. They are on Amazon and I have Amazon Prime so there is no shipping or tax. It's a winning combo for me.
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com

Engineer-in-Training MysteryAlabaster's Avatar
    Follow MysteryAlabaster On Twitter
    Anyone got a good PLA supplier on Amazon?

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by MysteryAlabaster View Post
    Anyone got a good PLA supplier on Amazon?
    I think you'd be happy with Prototype Supply (AKA Toybuilder Labs) for PLA. http://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...oybuilder+labs

Quality stuff.

The Wanhao filament seems decent. I really can't be sure just yet. I had an issue with one spool tangling, causing an overnight print to jam and ruin the print at 56% completion. I'm also getting crackling from the filament, but it may be that I'm printing at too high a temp. 110C... I'll reduce to 100C for the next run and see how it performs. At the $23 per 1KG that I paid, I'm pretty happy with it.

I get my filament from e-bay, $23/Kg........Prints great, and it looks like prices are dropping, as there are a few at $20/Kg.....Shipping included.

Just read the reviews to find out if it is worth taking a chance on buying a roll............

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast