Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    well i just got the FFCP recently about less then 2 months ago so a new compatible printer will have to wait. just have to stick with manual leveling for now.
    hopefully something pops up on how to access the PB7 point

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    You guys use autolevelling on the flashforges? I just use the thumbscrews.. I only really bother with beds that are fixed to the frame, like Delta's, i'd be interested to see if it makes that much of a difference (unless you are mesh levelling, then yeah it probably would)
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by ejcruz View Post
    I wouldn't recommend it, I think overall it would be cheaper and less headache to just buy a new compatible printer.

I'm still searching for a g-code to access PB7 connection point.
    Sailfish doesn't actually know any g-code. All g-code gets translated into x3g protocol before being sent to the printer. You can look for what you need in the x3g protocol: https://github.com/makerbot/s3g/blob...s3gProtocol.md

I'm afraid you won't though because I can't think of any PWM you can command directly through x3g. There is PWM in the firmware, but they're indirect. That is they're commanded by the firmware to achieve a goal (like heat the bed or make the LEDs a color).

You could write in your own bit into sailfish (that's what ZYYX did for their autolevel feature), but if it needs a new x3g command that could be problematic for compatibility.

Technician
    BTW, what does the servo control actually need to do? IE, what's a typical gcode sequence on a printer that supports it?

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by warkmal View Post
    BTW, what does the servo control actually need to do? IE, what's a typical gcode sequence on a printer that supports it?
    I think nothing. lol I think these guys are realizing what I posted about 3-4 days ago about why all the electronic sensor stuff. It really isn't doing anything to "auto level"...

Student
    The BLTouch sensor works on the principle of a servo, it has a built-in program that will interpret the servo command like move servo arm 10 degrees to mean pull the pin up or 90 degrees means push the pin down, hence the need to connect the BLTouch to a servo connection point.

I've been in touch with Dan Newman who is one of the programmers for Sailfish and he has confirmed that Sailfish DOES NOT support servos (now I know why my servo was acting erratically) hence the BLTouch sensor will not work, Sailfish supports ON/OFF sensors such as Inductive Proximity type which must be connected to the Z-MIN. So it's back to the Inductive Proximity sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by ejcruz View Post
    I've been in touch with Dan Newman who is one of the programmers for Sailfish and he has confirmed that Sailfish DOES NOT support servos (now I know why my servo was acting erratically) hence the BLTouch sensor will not work, Sailfish supports ON/OFF sensors such as Inductive Proximity type which must be connected to the Z-MIN. So it's back to the Inductive Proximity sensor.
    I would bring up Marlin!

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    I would bring up Marlin!
    I'm just curious to see how well auto-leveling works with FFCP.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345