Close

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Technician
    Hello guys we finally received the x-one2, assembled it all but at the time of printing, the printed doesn't recognize any gcode or stl files other than qidi's own. For example we tried to print https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:468651 this keycap here. but doesn't recognize any of the extensions and we tried qidi's own slicer and cura, we used the sd card, not even through the cable. Any idea?

Engineer
    I've got the QiDi Tech 1, no personal hands-on time with an X-one. Tech 1 uses X3G, not GCODE. There is usually a X3G converter application (like thingiverse GPX https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:81425 ) or a selection in the slicer.

Technician
    We've been printing successfully few keychain through usb, it prints pretty good, far better than the davinci by far, but we still haven't figured out how to print via sd card, but then again we only tried gcode and stl, and it seems not to be working, anyway my X-one is closed, it came with 3 plexiglass panels to mount, and we actually realized it's the X-one 2, so probably a refresh, or revision, but seriously so far so good, for ~430€ it does a better job compared to a ~630€ printer.

http://i.imgur.com/DaTcriN.jpg

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by number40Fan View Post
    Wow. Nice. You can't print .stl files. They need to be ran through a slicer and then converted to .x3g.
    We just managed to make the printer accept the file, by setting the printer "Julia" on cura, but it started printing completely random, we had to stop it, i'll try again with x3g, and see what happens.

Engineer
    Please take and publish more pictures. This is the first and only info on this new version from QiDi that I've been able to find.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Please take and publish more pictures. This is the first and only info on this new version from QiDi that I've been able to find.
    I surely will, but it's 4:30 am here so i'll soon go to bed i'll probably do it tomorrow.

Anyway the x3g converter looks a bit complicated to set, even because there's no accurate instructions, is there something easier to set you know about? Anyway i'll probably do everything tomorrow.

Engineer
    Sorry, I use Simplify 3D. It performs the X3G conversion by invoking GPX. No idea what's going on under the covers.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Sorry, I use Simplify 3D. It performs the X3G conversion by invoking GPX. No idea what's going on under the covers.
    No idea on how to make it work on cura or the default qidi slicer? I mean, how does simplify3d invoke the converter? did you specify the directory of it or?

Technician
    Which version of Cura did it come with?
    It's not cura, it's some sort of qidi modded version of it, its name is just "QIDI TECH", actually, SHOULD be a version of cura, but i'm not sure of it.

Technician
    If you download FlashPrint and select the FlashForge Finder as your machine, it should work. You will have to manually turn on the bed heater through the control panel on front, but you will at least get the right type of file.
    I'll try that and let you know if it works, at the moment i'm printing a little bowl, it's coming out pretty nice, but i set faster settings and the larger part is not that accurate, it has few flaws, but it's ok anyway. As soon i finish the printing, i'll install and try flashprint and will let you know

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast