Close

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DrLuigi View Post
    Any chance if this would be a achievement/milestone like we seen with other products in the past?

For example * dollars have been achieved, if you donate * dollars more you will get a winder addon or/and grinding mechanism.

Due i personaly wouldnt realy buy a filament maker without a winder tbh ^^
    After that the strooder looks great and compact, alot better than others i've seen so far wich are most of the time homebrew :P
    I'm not sure but my head might be in the same place. The whole reason I think the Strooder is cool is because I have so many failed prints where I would like to throw the plastic I spent into the grinder and have it make me some new filament.

Technician
    Follow Strooder On Twitter Add Strooder on Facebook Add Strooder on Google+
    Quote Originally Posted by DrLuigi View Post
    Any chance if this would be a achievement/milestone like we seen with other products in the past?

For example * dollars have been achieved, if you donate * dollars more you will get a winder addon or/and grinding mechanism.

Due i personaly wouldnt realy buy a filament maker without a winder tbh ^^
    After that the strooder looks great and compact, alot better than others i've seen so far wich are most of the time homebrew :P
    This is a great suggestion that we can add to our milestones and we are taking it into discussions as we speak!

Thank you

Technician
    Update #4:

Happy Early May Bank Holiday to those of you enjoying your extra day off, we've been working, but we don't mind at all as all development are on track for the launch in less than two weeks time!

The final gear box design was finalised and has been put through its final testing over the past few days:

WP_20140505_02_47_16_Pro.jpg

Moreover, and what we are most excited about is to see the casing and internals being produced, ready for full assembly:

WP_20140502_13_36_25_Pro.jpgWP_20140502_20_31_26_Pro.jpgWP_20140502_23_18_59_Pro.jpg

Any thoughts would help us a lot, so keep asking questions about Strooder and we'll try our best to answer.

When you are figuring out how to box up your components for transport, plan to sandwich your laser cut parts between two pieces of cardboard. The laser cut parts tend to separate from the board during transport, especially on long journeys to foreign countries, and the buyer opens the box to find a jig-saw puzzle. That detracts from your product's first impression.

Also, make sure that your assembly instructions are clear. Beta test them by having a novice build your product from the instructions only. Remember, a customer might be trying to assemble your product on the other side of the world, in a different time zone. Having to wait 12 hours for a response to an enquiry is frustrating.

Old Man Emu

Engineer-in-Training MysteryAlabaster's Avatar
    Follow MysteryAlabaster On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by old man emu View Post
    Also, make sure that your assembly instructions are clear. Beta test them by having a novice build your product from the instructions only. Remember, a customer might be trying to assemble your product on the other side of the world, in a different time zone. Having to wait 12 hours for a response to an enquiry is frustrating.

I'm sure there are people here who would love to help you make translations, or even be your beta tester.

Personally, if there was promise of a grinder/winder, I would pay big to be your tester. If only to just have the unit to use.
    It should be really easy to find someone locally to test for you.

Engineer-in-Training MysteryAlabaster's Avatar
    Follow MysteryAlabaster On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Strooder View Post
    This is a great suggestion that we can add to our milestones and we are taking it into discussions as we speak!
    When you decide the milestones, take into consideration the fact that there are people, like me, who probably won't back you until the grinder and winder are guaranteed.

We've just had all too many failures on the developers part in the past to be able to trust these kinds of KickStarters...

Strooder,

Is there anywhere we can register for a notification when the Kickstarter goes live?

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by old man emu View Post
    When you are figuring out how to box up your components for transport, plan to sandwich your laser cut parts between two pieces of cardboard. The laser cut parts tend to separate from the board during transport, especially on long journeys to foreign countries, and the buyer opens the box to find a jig-saw puzzle. That detracts from your product's first impression.

Old Man Emu
    Hi Emu,

This is great advice.

However the Strooder will actually be shipped fully assembled to avoid all these complications and ensure the end user has as little troubles as possible. This is something we have not communicated yet so thank you for reminding us to make everyone aware!

We are trying to make our instruction manual as clear as possible and will be beta testing everything before shipment.

Thanks again

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by MysteryAlabaster View Post
    I'm sure there are people here who would love to help you make translations, or even be your beta tester.

Personally, if there was promise of a grinder/winder, I would pay big to be your tester. If only to just have the unit to use.
    It should be really easy to find someone locally to test for you.
    Within the next week we are meeting with a big contender in the 3D printer market who we are taking Strooder to be showcased and tested.
    We are also going to be locally beta testing and potentially opening up beta to the interested world. We will certainly invite you to be one of the first if this is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryAlabaster View Post
    When you decide the milestones, take into consideration the fact that there are people, like me, who probably won't back you until the grinder and winder are guaranteed.

We've just had all too many failures on the developers part in the past to be able to trust these kinds of KickStarters...
    It's one of the first things we discussed when in talks about a winder and grinder being offered as a milestone.
    It has been difficult deciding what the best option is, but we feel you will be happy with the outcome which will be seen during the Kickstarer launch

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by bmdnut View Post
    Strooder,

Is there anywhere we can register for a notification when the Kickstarter goes live?
    If you simply head to www.omnidynamics.co.uk and scroll to the bottom, you can enter your email to sign up for a newsletter, upon which we will only update with the most importnat information about Kickstarter and its launch.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast