Close

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Follow lucidpsykosis On Twitter Add lucidpsykosis on Thingiverse
    I struggled a little with FlashPrint, then found out S3D worked with a Dreamer...Its changed things for me DRAMATICALLY. Being able to control so many different aspects of your print process is incredible. I just need to learn the settings a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by lucidpsykosis View Post
    I struggled a little with FlashPrint, then found out S3D worked with a Dreamer...Its changed things for me DRAMATICALLY. Being able to control so many different aspects of your print process is incredible. I just need to learn the settings a little better.
    Are you able to connect to the Dreamer with S3d using wireless?

As of right now, you cannot connect S3d to the Dreamer wireless. But, you could use S3d to make the G File, then use FlashPrint to send it to the printer through Wi Fi.

I have been using S3d for a couple of days, and although I can see the benefits it offers, I'm disappointed. The Infill options stink. They offer no Hex or other strong infill option. So you cannot make parts that have strength. There are ways to get a somewhat strong infill, but you have to jerry rig the settings for it to work. And I don't think you should have to jerry rig when you pay 150 dollars for something.

So, right now I'm thinking seeing what else is out there.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    There is really nothing "jerry rigging" about adding an extra angle to the infill for strength if needed. I run mine at 15%-20% 0, 90, 45 and -45. As strong as any Hexagonal infill and way less wear and tear on machine from zig zagging back and forth for the hex shape. It prints a little faster also since the printers acceleration doesn't slow the infill down from all the short moves.

That said the hex looks cool, but you never really see it when the part is done.

Those of you who use S3D, do you notice a difference in print quality? I am a n00b and all of the slic3r settings are a bit overwhelming.

I am getting decent prints, but I want to squeeze all I can out of the printer.

Robert

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Most slicers that have good filament density calibrations done should print relatively similar. The slicer tells the tool head where to go and how much and when to lay down material. The printer interprets these commands and executes them.

As my answer, let me give it a qualified yes. I say that because just selecting your printer and having it print didn't just do it. Tweaking the settings with S3D for my particular printer did. Learning settings (whatever your slicer), is just something that you have to do...

Engineer
    nothing jerry rigged about the infill at all. the infill can be crazy strong and solid. just like in anything 3d printing you need to know the settings and have everything set up right.

I am two weeks into my 3D printing world.
    I use S3D and as others have stated the settings are very overwhelming. I understand there are little pop up windows as you hover over something but, being fresh to this market and style of printing, some of the wording just doesnt make sense to me.

Is there some where on the interweb a break down of the controls in S3D that have a little more detail? Its hard to learn something if you have all of these windows and options..you change one thing but unless you know what your looking for you really have no idea to know if it is working , helping, or hurting you.

Thanks in Advance

i found a TIP the other day and i tried it out and it worked awesome

in the past i hated the groves look of the outer top surface the side always looked great i wanted the top to look like the sides

so i found this tip
    the guy said the the Nozzle DIA. does not mean what Nozzle do you have in the printer
    that it means the same as layer height but in the horizontal plane i tried this and i got awesome results

I just wanted to share this with every one

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast