Close

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Question Simplify3D with FlashForge

I'm curious--are any of you guys using Simplify3D as your slicer with a FlashForge printer? I'm looking to switch slicers since Makerbot Desktop has been giving me serious problems, and I want to know if Simplify3D is really worth the $125 price tag. If any of you have used it and could give some feedback/comparison to other free options that would be awesome.

It's $149. I'm using it with my FF Creator Pro clone (Powerspec 3D Pro). For me, it's worth it. YMMV. (Obviously I have no affiliation with S3D).

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Yep, just get it and you will understand. :-)

Engineer
    Yeah there are tons of ff owners using it.

I must be alone, but I haven't found it to be *that* much better than using RepG. It has more of a GUI interface, which is nice, and its prettier, but my prints come out about the same.

As a follow-up, has anyone encountered any notable bugs in any of the software they've used?

Engineer
    There are always some little quirks. Not anywhere near as many as you would be led to believe by reading on the internet. Many of them are just from people that dont fully know how to use the software or havent made it past that 3d printing learning curve. Its not perfect though either. None of the slicers are

Okay. I only ask because my Makerbot Desktop has a catastrophic bug that is causing my printer to get reeeally screwed up if I make any modifications to the part in the slicer. As in, once I import the .stl into Makerbot I have to export exactly that to .x3g--even if I do something simple like move the part to a different area on the print bed, somehow the .x3g file gets really messed up and causes my printer to go haywire. I'm just trying to avoid spending $150 only to find out I get the same problem with S3D.

I use S3D for most all of my PLA prints, I have had alot of issues with ABS prints. I am trying to figure out what I am doing incorrectly, usually I will get all sorts of delam and stringy near the bottom of the print where the raft and the bottom layer are connected. I even switched over to Makerware for a try with the default settings I got a better print but still not very good.

Engineer
    tiger, give it a try. you have 2 weeks to get a refund if you dont like it.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast