Close

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    The new version 3.0 - has gone back to the way makerware starts. A line along the front of the build plate, and doesn't need a skirt anymore.
    The last inch or so the head slows down and whatever they've done it keeps the filament in the nozzle and now starts printing immediately.

Between that and proper solid infill - I'm a seriously happy bunny :-)
    Yeah... but I have not been able to get it to print correctly... I could not take the time yesterday to troubleshoot... will do so during the weekend.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    so what's not working ?

so what's not working ?
    I select a printer: Replicator Dual
    Load an object (that prints great using ReplicatorG)
    Generate code
    Send to print
    Get that line in the front of the build plate
    Goes to print the part and it just makes a mess...

Print plate leveled with application from the printer (maybe I should try the level function that comes with Simplify3D??? )
    Using ABS
    Printing over tape (same type of tape that I have used to print all the parts I have so far)

I will give it a try tonight and take photos and video to share.

Fist time, it was using settings that were hotter than what I was using before... so I took the temp down from 230 to 210 and the base plate to 110 from 120... still made a mess...

So no way that it works straight out of installing the software, at least not for me.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    ah - next time I'm i the workshop I'll send you my profiles.

basically you need to create a seperate profile for each head. and probably one for dual prints as well - not tried that yet.

I find when you use a specific profile for each head it all works much much better.

It seems weird that the gcode you change is just what head to use or not use, but it definitely effects other stuff as well. Don't know why.
    The profile for my Klick-n-print that comes with s3d - drops the build plate abouta mm each layer.
    Changed to custom rep dual profile - works perfectly. Yet nothing I changed referenced the layer height or z axis at all.

Also the knp has a weird size build plate that wasn't in the s3d profile. its 234mmx155x150

ah - next time I'm i the workshop I'll send you my profiles.

basically you need to create a seperate profile for each head. and probably one for dual prints as well - not tried that yet.

I find when you use a specific profile for each head it all works much much better.

It seems weird that the gcode you change is just what head to use or not use, but it definitely effects other stuff as well. Don't know why.
    The profile for my Klick-n-print that comes with s3d - drops the build plate abouta mm each layer.
    Changed to custom rep dual profile - works perfectly. Yet nothing I changed referenced the layer height or z axis at all.

Also the knp has a weird size build plate that wasn't in the s3d profile. its 234mmx155x150
    Thank you! I sent you my email address via PM.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789