Close

SeeMeCNC Eris 3D Printer

SeeMeCNC Eris 3D printer Unveiled

At CES this year we were able to meet up with John Olafson of SeeMeCNC who showed us their latest prototype printer, the Eris. The machine looked plenty capable and like SeeMeCNC's other machines relied upon a delta-robot technique. Below are some of the specifications that Olafson provided 3DPrint.com in our meeting.

• 125mm D x 150mm H print area
    • Compact and portable
    • USB Compatible
    • PC/Mac Compatible
    • Simple setup and calibration routines
    • Optimized for PLA printing
    • 100 micron accuracy

Check out a picture of the prototype machine below, and let us know your thoughts on this new machine which will be priced at $599 upon its launch.

Add GOC on Google+ Add GOC on Thingiverse
    - Looks very promising, and at a great price. Being an owner of their Orion Delta series I can say their machine quality and designs are fantastic.

Engineer
    It's a big turn off and not the best move to show the prototype. The Orion and Delta looks just much better.

Add GOC on Google+ Add GOC on Thingiverse
    - I think its a pretty nice prototype, being in an R&D department I've put together some ugly stuff. I also wouldn't expect the Eris to look better than the Orion since the Orion is over double the cost.

Technologist
    Follow RAMTechRob On Twitter
    Yeah, this printer is going to sell well. SeeMeCNC aren't known for thier marketing movies and owners being on Good Morning America. They are known for making great 3D printers that work pretty well right out of the box. I'm so glad I dodged the MB bullet and went with a Delta Orion.