Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I use the same power supply as you. 5-7 min heatup time For 120 bed and 250 hot end. Hot end is lightning quick bed is slow as it should be. I got it off amazon ill look it up wheb i get home and post a link.

12v 30a Dc Universal Regulated Switching Power Supply 360w for CCTV, Radio, Computer Project https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D7CWSCG..._k.BUub15SDVGZ
    Last edited by sniffle; 01-16-2015 at 07:51 PM.

hey abuharsky
    thank you so much for your article!! it is very helpful.
    i have a question:
    does cracking appear while printing or after the print is done?
    Also does anybody have experience with printing metal-ABS filaments?

thank you so much
    Ole

Quote Originally Posted by repreprep View Post
    does cracking appear while printing or after the print is done?
    in any case

I want to bump this thread up because I've been having layer delamination issues lately on a particular piece im trying to print.

I think it's ultimately a geometry issue, but I noticed abuharsky'ssuccess with increasing the hot end to 280C. I've tried the same, but my hot end kinda fizzles out at 271C and won't increase past that.

Any ides how to get the temp higher? I'm using a 3mm hexagon hot end.

try to print at 270C

the temps are limited in the firmware to 275 unless you change it higher...

Also if you are having warping issues with printing at that temp, you either need to increase bed temp(120 is plenty) or you need to build an enclosure to prevent drafts from moving across the parts...

Quote Originally Posted by sniffle View Post
    you need to build an enclosure to prevent drafts from moving across the parts...
    I print without any enclosure with no delamination

Quote Originally Posted by abuharsky View Post
    I print without any enclosure with no delamination

I said or... that's an environmental thing... my crazy drafty house required it... that and my wife likes to keep the house a balmy 68 degrees... so when the AC kicks on, it causes my ABS to warp... So i built an enclosure to make a stable environment for my prints

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123