Close

Won't stick on right hand side

I can't get my prints to stick on the right hand side, iv been trying for weeks, iv calibrated it about a thousand times. And tried temps up and down, but it just won't grip on the right hand side.
    It's a duplicator 5s mini

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    What are you using as adhesive?

I'm using the masking tape that came with the printer. But why would it always be the right hand side???

Try wiping the surface with alcohol after laying the tape? A vid I saw on youtube suggested not only wiping down where the tape sticks, yet also the tape that has been stuck down.

Another thought is if the tape is getting laid right to left, what are you doing when the tape is stored between prints? It sounds like the outside of the tape roll is getting a contamination (some kind of oil) and when you lay it down that contamination is removed as you get further across the bed.

That's some good ideas I will try a few more things later. Interestingly tho it seemed to do the same when I printed straight to bed.

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Try another adhesive too, like a glue stick.

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Also, get a thermometer and check the temps over various locations on your bed, if one side isn't heating up.....

Quote Originally Posted by luke6040 View Post
    I can't get my prints to stick on the right hand side, iv been trying for weeks, iv calibrated it about a thousand times. And tried temps up and down, but it just won't grip on the right hand side.
    It's a duplicator 5s mini
    Is the nozzle spacing the same on the right side as the left side? This is one of the reasons so many people like auto bed leveling.

Engineer-in-Training
    Sounds like leveling to me.