Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by maddavo View Post
    I am building a bq ciclop with self-sourced parts rather than a kit. Does anyone know of a forum/support group covering the ciclop? Also I notice there are some screenshots of a windows version of horus - where do I download that from? Links please? I can only find the source code and having real difficulty compiling a package.
    It looks like there is not an exe and is relying on cygwin to get it to work. Unfortunetly for me cygwin has been a crapshoot. I am hoping I can run it on a pi3 with ubuntu mate.

-Bruno M.

Hi there,

I can't get my ciclop to scan. I am having trouble with the auto check and calibration.
    I get these error messages. I am using horus software.

Auto check - Check Motor Direction and Pattern Position and try Again.
    Calibration - Laser Calibration failed. Please try again.

I am using Ardruino Uno and Zum Scan Boards.
    I will be thankful for your help.

Regards,

waqz36

Technologist
    Well, I gave up on the Cyclop and sold it. I just couldn't get a decent scan from it, no matter what I tried.
    I've tried a few laser scanners and none of them produced results I would consider useable.
    I now have an Einscan-s which uses structured light scanning, the difference in scan quality and speed is spectacular !
    Admittedly, it's quite a bit more expensive but worth it for the ease of use and incredible scan detail, imo.
    Last edited by scobo; 04-18-2016 at 02:15 AM.

Hi, I'm hoping to build the BQ Ciclop scanner and have a logitech C920 camera that I could use instead of the C270. I realise that the stl file holding the camera will need to be modified. But I have a few other questions;
    1) Why is it necessary to remove the lense cover of the camera? Does the lense cover have a distorting effect on the lasers or is the cover only removed on the C270 so that the camera manual focus may be adjusted?
    2) Is the lense center height in the plastic housing a critical dimension?

Thanks in advance.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456