Close

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveyR View Post
    Bill how has your printing gone. I have struggled with the last 2 parts of the bearing top and the Camera holder.

I have issues with both warping lots and coming off the print bed. The small hand drawn supports that they have put in just seem to only live to break off and leave filament strands everywhere once they have broken at about 30 print.
    I found that the hand drawn supports only worked for the bearing clips; on the turntable base they mostly fell apart before they could do any good. For the camera holder print they were doing the same thing, but my printer broke about a quarter of the way through the print (Bowden push fit came out of the hotend mount) and so I never printed the whole thing. While I was working on repairing my printer I redesigned it in OpenSCAD to suit the hybrid Ciclop/FreeLSS design, and made it much more printable too.

As for warping, I discovered that when trying to print parts for GUS Simpson a while ago, and upgraded to a heated bed in order to prevent it. I've never looked back; I use the heated bed even for small prints because it makes them stick so much better, and it's essential for large things like these. I was never able to get blue tape or anything else to stick well enough to resist warping.

My camera holder had started to come up so much that after 3 hours i just stopped it. I have been trying to figure out OpenSCAD but struggling getting enough free time to do a decent job in learning it.

I had to create a bigger bed for these parts as my old one was only 6" * 6" and while that was heated i think that i will need to move the heater over but the new bed is 4" longer so i was trying to get a price on getting a new bed made in china that would fit better and give a greater heating area.

I don't know what kind of heated bed you're looking for, but I've bought from 3dheatbeds on eBay and they seem to make good quality beds, in a variety of sizes: http://www.ebay.com/sch/3dheatbeds/m...m=261602086189

Funny you should have said that i have just found one that will fit from his ebay store and clicked purchase so next week should be back working with heated bed.

Ok so got my PCB's this morning and got to soldering.... Found that i had missed 2 parts off the Mouser project list which i have updated so it should have everything.

But a bigger issue is the power socket and the Arduino Uno it is a usb b socket and it is directly under the power socket on the Zum scan. Sigh so my Uno will not be easly usable.

All soldered up and a short circuit in there somewhere so in a day or so i will do it again slowly and confirm where it is. I could not see any bad soldering.

rats

Thanks DaveyR!
    Was looking all over the place for a proper BOM, the one on GitHub is pretty empty :/
    Just ordered the parts, and milling out the pcb now.
    Will update how that goes.

Hay Jason

Good luck for the PCB. I am waiting on my second shipment of parts to come in as i think that the default ground plane is so close to the pins that i got a short somewhere.

Ok so i have updated the BOM on Mouser as i have just got the part number for the Fuse. I am not sure that the one that i randomly selected the first time will work so so it may explain why it kept on resetting on me and it may not have been my soldering

Also all major parts are now printed so as soon as the new Fuses arrive i should be able to put together the electronics. I will start to solder up the 2nd board that i have now and see if that one works. Also for those that are using the default stl for the camera holder the pins that hold the board in are only for the BQ version of the arduino and not the default pin pattern. Also if you are needing an arduino i would suggest the red board from spark fun as it has the correct size USB socket so it wont short out on the power connector.

If anyone wants / needs photo's of the printouts let me know but they turned out pretty much like the stl pictures. Needed a bit of clean up on the camera holder but nothing that a dremel could not fix. (PS if you got the logitech camera you have to cut the mounting off for it to fit in the camera holder)

Engineer-in-Training
    any progress on the piclops project?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast