Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    i found on Ebay the following parts the descriptions should allow you to find them.

2 * Industrial Class 650nm 5mW 5v Red Laser Line Cross Module Glass Lens Focusable $10 (Coming from China or HK)
    1 *
    (2) Acrylic Plexiglass Green Edge Round 3/8" x 8" Diameter Circle Clear NEW (Got 2 disks as i am sure i am going to screw one up when i try to drill it) $20
    1 *
    16014 New WJB BEARING ($16 + 4 shipping)

I was also thinking that it might be better / easier to use one of these LAZY SUSAN BEARINGS -3 INCH-200 lb MADE IN USA
    Cost on that is $5 with free shipping and just some small modifications needed to the layout. I have the parts listed above all on their way so not going to change now but it may make a cheeper base if someone wants to keep prices down. Was also thinking of possibly doing one where the camera turns around the turntable so large things that may not rotate easily could be done.

I've taken a slightly different path with the Ciclop. I like the mechanical design very much, but I didn't want to use an Arduino and tether it to a computer. At about the same time it was being announced, there was a Kickstarter launched for the ATLAS 3D scanner: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...d-build-yourse It was quite successful. The ATLAS uses FreeLSS software running on a Raspberry Pi, with the Pi camera and a simple driver board to control the stepper and lasers (similar to the ZUM board). But I didn't like the ATLAS mechanical design at all; too much reliance on printed parts, a flimsy turntable, and frankly it isn't very attractive. So I decided to combine the Ciclop physical parts and the ATLAS electronics with FreeLSS. I've been documenting the build here: http://bill-owens.blogspot.com/2015/...ng-piclop.html The scanner is now working, and producing recognizable scans, but it still needs calibration and probably some tweaking. I had to redesign the camera and laser holders to suit the Pi and the focusable lasers I bought (they're 12 mm diameter rather than the 8 mm that Ciclop uses), and to change the positioning of the lasers relative to the camera. Those parts aren't in a final form yet, particularly the camera holder, but I'm going to post them on Thingiverse if people want to try them out.

Hi Bill

Great idea and i agree about the Pi2 that may be what is needed. I thought that as i had most of the bits around i would start from a known good and then go from there. I have 2 of the Pi2's on order one will be used for my octoprint server. (Think that could handle the extra CPU) and then your idea would be a good 2nd use.

At this stage i will also go for one working rather than having 2 that i have 30% working. Then i will break things and change.

anyone else having an issue downloading the .STL files from github? i cant get the final two files, pattern holder and shaft coupling

I just downloaded the whole package and got them all in a single Zip file. Then extracted for the ones that i needed.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyR View Post
    I have got about 75% of the parts printed now and an Arduino all set up.

Davey
    do you have any pictures of the printed parts? i just recieved my solidoodle press this past week and just started to print the Back_Cover.stl file....and needless to say its not looking anything nearly as nice as what BQ posted on their blog.

Hi Jonzer

Sorry i thought that i had replied the other day. I have had to change the size of my print bed as it was not long enough to print out the bearing top or the camera holder. I have all of the other parts but i still need to also do the motor extension as my stepper motor is bigger.

If you want i can post pictures of what i have done?

All the electronic components have arrived i am now just waiting for the PCB.

any pictures pertaining to the process would be appreciated!

just got my printer last week, still working out some kinks then ill be printing the stuff i need out as well.

I don't think you actually need the back cover; it's just cosmetic so if it doesn't print well, don't worry about it. My only problem printing the Ciclop turntable parts was the hand-drawn support that was added to the STLs; it doesn't really work, at least on my printer. It was acceptable for the turntable clips, but for the large arches and the center area of the turntable base it barely helped. I only got partway through printing the camera tower before my printer broke; in the time that it took me to repair the printer I also redrew that part in OpenSCAD to suit the Ciclop/ATLAS hybrid I'm building, which required a different size bay for the electronics and a different mounting position for the lasers (inline, rather than angled). Mine prints without supports, so I didn't have to worry about that. I didn't take a lot of pictures of the printed parts, but there are a couple of views here: http://bill-owens.blogspot.com/2015/...ble-build.html

Bill how has your printing gone. I have struggled with the last 2 parts of the bearing top and the Camera holder.

I have issues with both warping lots and coming off the print bed. The small hand drawn supports that they have put in just seem to only live to break off and leave filament strands everywhere once they have broken at about 30 print.

All going well some extra wide blue tape that should be arriving on Tuesday may help with the prints lifting. (They stay stuck to the tape they just pull the tape off the bed if there is an edge anywhere near it. I dont have a heated bed that is big enough for either part.

The electronics for the Zum-Scan board should all be here in the next day or so so they may be done by the end of next week.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast